Where can I get Logan hair?

mike_42547761mike_42547761 Posts: 129
edited April 2022 in Art Studio

Working on a piece of fan art that includes Marvel's Wolverine character. I found a Wolverine hair asset for Genesis at SharCG, but it doesn't work. I think I may need an older out of date software for it. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might find decent hair for Wolverine? In this version he is not in costume, so the large "V" shaped middle part type of hair is needed for the character to be recognizable. Can't seem to find something anywhere. but maybe someone out there in the DAZverse will know?

Post edited by mike_42547761 on

Comments

• Additional examples: 

Anyone? Anyone? Beuler?

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324

I think we're hearing crickets  cause its tough to find. 

Sideburns with this maybe? 

https://www.daz3d.com/karl-hd-for-landon-8

This hair has lots of morphs,  but whether it can emulate Logan/Wolverine hair  don't know.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-chaotic-hair-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-81

• Hey First bastion, thanks for the heads up!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,772

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/volg-pack-for-m4/72609/

It's old, though... and only kind of accurate...

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

It is a very esoteric hairstyle, to the point its possibly a copyrighted part of the character's look.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,772

3DUK on Renderhub has a Wolverine for G8M that includes hair, if you don't mind a toony look.

• Thanks all for the input, I shall check that out!

• mike_42547761mike_42547761 Posts: 129
    edited April 2022

Hylas said:

3DUK on Renderhub has a Wolverine for G8M that includes hair, if you don't mind a toony look.

I did end up grabbing that wolverine set from Renderhub cuz it was on sale and used the hair. Here's a couple of shots of what I'm working on:

Fan art tribute piece to "The New Fantastic Four" normally I use CGI from DAZ as reference for digital art and painting, from ideas I rough out in DAZ. Decided to try taking this one to final render and may do the complete finished piece as CGI. Been doing a lot of experimenting and tweaking with assets. I have an idea for a lighting effect I'm going to try to pull off, I just haven't seen an example of it done before, so I have to figure out how to do it. Essentially I want to have a light that isn't just coloured, but looks like it's projecting an image onto a wall. I'm not sure that such a thing would be possible with a simple light asset, so I may have to create the illusion, not sure yet. Thanks again to everyone who offered pointers on where to find hair!

Post edited by mike_42547761 on
  • MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959
    edited April 2022

Not sure what you mean by projection... like this?  I just loaded an image into my AoA spotlight... you could use a gel, if you preferred?  I did add some godrays to make it look more like a projection.

projection1.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 462K
    Post edited by Misselthwaite on