Rogue Lynx Harness Kit for Genesis 8 Males

Hi, to All.

I find the harness and gadget kit that comes with the Rogue Lynx Outfit for Genesis 8 Females very useful in my projects. Is there a similar product for G8 Males? I've looked at @Pixeluna and @shadownet's product page and I see only products designed mainly for the female figure.

Cheers!

Comments

• shadownetshadownet Posts: 28

I just tried loading the harness to the Genesis 8 Male and when autofit dialog came up I selected the figure it was made for as Genesis 8 Female and left everything else at the default.  It fit to the figure but there was some pose issues, such as underneath the arms.  I set the smoothing modifier all the way up and that fixed it.  It may not be necessary to go all the way on the smoothing modifier by it is no problem on my computer and I often do this, using clothes made for one generation on a later generation, male or female.  Autofit does pretty good.  Smoothing modifier can vary as some items work better with generic than basic shape matching.  If I have a large scene I may hold off on pushing the smoothing modifier up high till I get ready to render and then only on items that need it.  Oh, as for the attachments to the harness, I loaded them to the harness after I did the autofit and everything seemed to work okay.  Hope this helps you.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

It's worth trying to change the scene identification of the harness to G8M, might work.

• csaacsaa Posts: 815

shadownet said:

I just tried loading the harness to the Genesis 8 Male and when autofit dialog came up I selected the figure it was made for as Genesis 8 Female and left everything else at the default.  It fit to the figure but there was some pose issues, such as underneath the arms.  I set the smoothing modifier all the way up and that fixed it.  It may not be necessary to go all the way on the smoothing modifier by it is no problem on my computer and I often do this, using clothes made for one generation on a later generation, male or female.  Autofit does pretty good.  Smoothing modifier can vary as some items work better with generic than basic shape matching.  If I have a large scene I may hold off on pushing the smoothing modifier up high till I get ready to render and then only on items that need it.  Oh, as for the attachments to the harness, I loaded them to the harness after I did the autofit and everything seemed to work okay.  Hope this helps you.

shadownet,

Thanks for the follow up. Yes tweaking it that way sounds like it would work. I don't know why I didn't think about autofit to begin with as I rely on this feature very often. Had too much to juggle in my head, I guess. wink

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!

• csaacsaa Posts: 815

shadownet,

I've yet to try the Rogue Lynx harness on G8M but I wanted to share how I've kitbashed it to so far. In my work I export Daz assets to Blender where I custom cel shade them. The RL gear certainly came in handy visualizing characters for a cyberpunk story I'm conceptualizing. It's a police story and here the two characters are geared up to supress disorder. Having 3D stuff to "handle" and "turn over" like this makes it easier to imagine and rationalize the tech gadgets that comes into play. Still a work in progress.

Cheers!

Sgts. Andrea & Inez: Standard Issue Gear | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eeevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

shadownet said: