Link Wardrobe to Genesis?

moceanmocean Posts: 4
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I just purchased and downloaded the Morphing Business Suit:

http://www.daz3d.com/morphing-business-suit

Which says it is compatible with Genesis, male, female and more. But if I load a Genesis male, I dont get any business suit option under Wardrobe?

If I select nothing, than I can add the shirt, pants, jacket, etc to the scene, and they do indeed seem to mostly fit my man, but then if I pose him, the shirt stays in ye ole T-pose.

How do I make everything work together?

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

mocean said:
    I just purchased and downloaded the Morphing Business Suit:

http://www.daz3d.com/morphing-business-suit

Which says it is compatible with Genesis, male, female and more. But if I load a Genesis male, I dont get any business suit option under Wardrobe?

If I select nothing, than I can add the shirt, pants, jacket, etc to the scene, and they do indeed seem to mostly fit my man, but then if I pose him, the shirt stays in ye ole T-pose.

How do I make everything work together?

If you loaded the clothes without your Genesis figure selected, then you'll need to go to your Parameters tab with each pice of the clothing selected, then go to Misc. and set Fit To to your Genesis figure. This will fit the clothes to your figure.
  • moceanmocean Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much! That seems to do it.

Though when I do, it says, "You've chosen to fit an unsupported item onto the figure. Would you like to try to convert the item to fit the figure?"
    Does this mean the Business suit will remember in the future that it works with Genesis? If not, is there some way to make it remember?

Thanks again.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited December 1969

It looks to me like you're trying to use the business suit on Genesis 2 Male.
    This product is made for Genesis 1, not G2M: "Genesis Male" is not G2M, it's Genesis 1 with the male morph applied. That's why it asks you if you want to convert it.

Once you've used autofit to convert it you should be able to save the converted version so that you don't have to re-convert it next time you want to use it on G2M (save as figure asset I think, I don't have DS here to check).

edited December 1969

Leana is correct. That is also why the outfit wasn't showing up in your Smart Content when you had your figure selected. The outfit was not designed for Genesis 2, rather the original Genesis base figure. I autofit outfits all the time to my characters, mainly V4 and M4 clothes to base Genesis since that's the only figure I use. I don't use the G2M of G2F figures.

edited December 1969

Thanks guys, this is all pretty new (and confusing) to me.

So I don't need to write off outfits designed for Micheal or Victoria? That's good to know.

I dont think Daz 4.7 I just installed even came with Genesis 1, just the Genesis 2 male and female. What do you think is better about the original Trampy?

Thanks again for the help.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yes, Genesis Starter Essentials is included, along with G2F and G2M SE...and that is Genesis 1.

edited December 1969

mocean said:
    Thanks guys, this is all pretty new (and confusing) to me.

So I don't need to write off outfits designed for Micheal or Victoria? That's good to know.

I dont think Daz 4.7 I just installed even came with Genesis 1, just the Genesis 2 male and female. What do you think is better about the original Trampy?

Thanks again for the help.

I personally prefer Genesis 1 simply because it can be turned into male, female, child, monster, etc. Some people prefer the Genesis 2 because they split it into separate male and female figures, which, supposedly, allows clothes designed for a specific sex to fit better. The other thing I like about Genesis 1 is that I can use Generation 4 skin textures on it without needing a separate product to convert them. Now, Genesis 2 is supposed to have an "improved mesh and some new material zones, such as on the eyes, so both have their pros and cons. Regardless, you don't need to restrict yourself to one or the other.
    edited December 1969

If I open Daz with a blank scene, and click on Figures - all I see is Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, and Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials. I really don't think I got Genesis 1.

Is there some where I can go to acquire Genesis 1?

edited December 1969

mocean said:
    If I open Daz with a blank scene, and click on Figures - all I see is Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, and Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials. I really don't think I got Genesis 1.

Is there some where I can go to acquire Genesis 1?

That's probably because you didn't install the Genesis Starter Essentials. Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, and Genesis 2 Male each have their own Starter Essentials download. It looks like you only downloaded and installed the Genesis 2 Male and Female Starter Essentials and forgot to download the Genesis Starter Essentials. Go into your DAZ Product Library and look for the Genesis Starter Essentials and select it. Under File Name at the bottom, you'll see the download buttons for the Genesis Starter Essentials, and the Genesis Starter Essentials Poser CF (for if you want to use the figure in Poser). For each, hit either Download for manual installation, my preferred method), or hit Download and Install for DIM installation.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Tramp.

Just for The Record - I didn't "forget" to install Genesis Starter Essentials, as I have no idea what I am doing. DAZ instal manager never suggested it. I did figure out where my Product Library is though (online, not in DAZ), so I am learning...

Really helps to have cool folks like you all, instead of just hoping to find answers in the Helps, which I have largely found not to be.

Any of you fine folks have much experience taking characters, hopefully rigged and animated, into Lightwave and/or Modo?

edited May 2015

Nope. The only 3D programs I work in right now are DAZ Studio and Hexagon; the latter for modeling. Yeah, anything you purchase, whether it be individually or as part of a bundle, will be in your Produce Library for you to download. Personally, I always manually download and then install it myself. I don't use the DIM (that acronym should be reason enough)

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on