How do I Import Hair inside "Create/Edit New Strand Based Hair" Utility ?

I used the Strand baced hair utility before to put hair on a figure, but when it comes to trying to import a hair I have no idea what to do after I press the Import button.

As illustraded in an image below I have chosen a sculp of Ingrid Hair as an object onto which i wanted to import Ingreed hair so that i could style it in the way that I want.

So after i pressed Import button a directory opened up, from which i navigated to the Ingreed Hair folder with a bunch of different files, I chose one and some long message popped up, altered the way sculp looks in the display window but other than that nothing happenned.

If someone has ever used this function susessfully can you please tell me how to use it, what type of files to choose to import and so on, because I'm completely at a loss with this, could't find any tutorials on you tube, need to know what im doing wrong.

Thank you

Import Strand Based Hair.PNG
1920 x 1040 - 631K

Comments

• bfarber2011bfarber2011 Posts: 146

Is it because I cant Import Actual Strands of Hair, only the textures?

• You can import the distribution maps, but not - if this is not strand-absed hair but rather dForce hair - the styling, as far as I know.

• bfarber2011bfarber2011 Posts: 146
    edited April 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

You can import the distribution maps, but not - if this is not strand-absed hair but rather dForce hair - the styling, as far as I know.

The one I tried was a dForce,gonna have to try a different one. Thanks! 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on