Nothing works as it should after installing Belle6

hellbornhellborn Posts: 59

After installing Belle 6 and maybe more specific, after creatingI a texture Atlas and saving a material preset, all figures loads with Belle 6 applied to them.

So, for now I have worked around the problem by after creating a figure, go inte shaping and pull down Belle 6 to zero.

However, after working on a new morph of my own that almost made me go crazy because it not worked as expected I realized that there must be more than just the Belle 6 morphs applied. Att least more than I can turn of in shapes and any other dials i have managed to find.

By loading the basic Genesis 2 and zero it I could se that shape of breast and navel changed.

So, what could it be that has happend that makes shaping to be applied to the Genisis 2Base and everything else based on it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
(I have tried to unistall Belle 6 and Genesis 2 and then install them again but with the same result.)

Post edited by hellborn on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When you load a new G2F base into your scene, go to the Parameters pane, and with the figure selected in the Scene pane click on the label that says 'Currently Used'. That will show you what morphs are loaded with the base figure.

If there are morphs there that shouldn't be there, dial them back to zero, and save the base G2F over the top of the one in your library, and that should solve the problem.

• hellbornhellborn Posts: 59
    edited May 2015

I tried something similar once after pulling the Belle 6 morphs down to zero but even after resaving it back to the library the Belle 6 was still applied.

My guess was that it made DAZ think that I saved a new figure based on the Base figure rather than replacing the base figure..

During the proses of trying to update the Base to a version without the morphs I also tried to delete the original and then reistalling Genesis 2 content but that did not work and I did not get the default Genesis 2 ikon back in the library either.

So I dont have the default G2B ikon any more. Im loading it from a saved subset as a workaround.
    How can i get a new icon för the G2B?

Well, gonna have to give it a new try when I get home.
    Hopfully I can get it to work.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,446
    edited December 1969

If you saved modified assets (File>Save as>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets) with something set to non-zero that will have become its default state on loading. You need to find the saved assets, reset it to default to 0, and then use Save Modified Assets again or you need to reinstall the content containing the asset.

edited December 1969

I found the extra morphs and managed to save a new Genesis 2 Base that has no odd morphs.

However, if i load say Mei Lin 6 she loads with the extra morphs.
    It must be based on a Genesis 2 that still has the wrong morphs somewhere.
    Also in this case if I click Currently Used I can only find the Belle 6 morph and not the breastmorph and navel morph that should not be there.

If I need to reinstall, what do I need to reinstall in order to fix the problem and how should I do it in order to make sure that all genesis 2 content gets replaced.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2015

Hi helborn, if gen2F "morphA" have saved as morphA.dsf with default value not "zero"(eg 0.5)

Other character.duf (preset) will load genesis2female with the morphA value 0.5
    untill you save again the character preset, with the morphA default value.(zero).

because Usually character preset, should not record morphA value which not used for the character.
    eg genesis2female, V6, or Meilin6 do not need morphA so that these cahracter preset not record the morphA default value.

then when you load V6 or Meilin6, it load gen2f with the morphs value which used for each character,.
    and other all morphs will be loaded with their default value.
    (usually morph default values need to set as zero. then they not change other character and default gen2female )

"And even though you serch morph by "Curerntly used", if the morph default value has changed already,
    ds do not think the morph "used". then you can not find the morph which change default value." (added)

the best way to remove your problem is change morphA.dsf with default value zero.
    then save the morphA.dsf again,and overwite the morphA.default value=zero.

About saving morph.dsf , as save modified assets, change current value has no meaning.
    you may only need to set default value correctly as zero. .

the most important thing is detect clear which morph caused your problem.
    find the morphA.which change the default value.

without it, even though some character preset can load figure without the wrong morph value,
    oher preset should cause same problem again and again.,
    then user use each character,with the unexpected morph defomation.

(sometimes we do not find untill we found it defromed some part strange)

if you feel diffucult what I said, I suggest,
    first uninstall all character products, or corrective morphs, and genesis2 essential kit, which use morphs for gen2female.
    I think if you use DIM, and all product have been installed by DIM, it is not so long work.

then re-install one by one. (of course, first install gen2female starter kit)
    And check. when you install some product, if it cause the problem.and tell it here.
    (you may need to send bug reoport, and you can correct it by yourself)

if it is problem by user (eg save wrong way, then overwirte morph default value ,or install wrong morph from other site)
    after all, when you uninstall morph it has removed. I think. wihtout you save it as original morph.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Thank's for all that info :)

I have 4 days vacaition ahead so I have some time to try to get it all to work.

I have had som plans to reinstall to another drive anyway so maybe it's time to do so if I cant figure it out .

If so how do I do that the best way.
    I want to save a backup of everything because I have some stuff of my own that I might wanna bring inte the new install and some that I dont want to keep.

Is the best way to zip the old DAZ library and everything i the User/DAZ folder first and save in case I need it in the future and then do a uninstall.

Then reinstall to the new disk.

Is there anything extra I need to do for a clean install?

edited May 2015

Ah,, now I seems to find what Belle6 problem.
    If it is navel morph?

it happen when character use Navel morph of gen2female.:roll:

Some character add MCM to adjust Navel shape which link with Navel morph as sub controller.
    but it need to work only with the character morph are applied.

but Belle 6 Navel morph seems to lost the link with the Belle6 controller.
    then if character which use navel morph loaded
    the MCM Belle6 Navel automatic applied ^^;

I really need to say thank you, because, sometimes I felt , why my character Navel seems not Oval shape,,
    it is because the Belle6 Navel morph has been auto applied without intention.

to remove problem, manually serch MCMBelle6Navel, with Show hidden properties option
    then return it to zero. when the character use Navel morph.
    (eg Mei lin6 etc)

or manually add link for MCMbelle6Navel with Belle6 ^^;
    do you try it? (may need some knoledge about ERC and save morph )

I think, there should be bug report already.. I may add report too.

belle6naval.JPG
    1080 x 706 - 90K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Then,, if you manually set ERC, like my pic.
    first serch MCMBelle6Naval , in parameter tab.
    then show it in Property Hielalchy pane.

then set CtrlBelle6 as controller of MCMBelle6Naval 2nd stage multiple option.
    and set Atribute Save with MCMbelle6Naval.
    (to add forumula, on MCMbelle6Naval.dsf. if you find problem you only need to reuse buck up file.)

after that to overwrite MCMbelle6Naval.dsf , from top menu>File> save as> save modified assets.
    check please, only the MCMbelle6Naval.dsf are shown in the wiindow. then confirm.

Now MCMbelle6Naval only work when CtrlBelle6 is used.

savenaval2.JPG
    480 x 294 - 26K
    correctnavel.JPG
    1094 x 662 - 104K
    edited May 2015

Wow... :)

You really dug into that one.
    Most grateful.

I planned to uninstall and reinstall in order to fix things as well as move to other disk.
    Suppose that wont fix that specific Belle problem though.

I can also see a small deformation on the upper part of the breasts that seems to be related to Belle6.
    Is that something you can confirm as well?

Please file a report.
    Your better at describing the problem then I am.

edited December 1969

Hi,, hellborn , first I need to say sorry :sick:

because when I check Belle6, there was no FBMbelle6 in my parameter, then I believed Belle6 have released with
    controller, and FHM and MCMs only.

But today I check read me again, there should be FBMbelle6.

I delete contents, and re-install belle6 again. now there is FBMbelle6, and the MCMnaval work correctly.
    (so that you need not tweak ERC^^; sooooorrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy @@;)

I can swear my god, (though I am,,kind of atheist ^^;)
    I had not tweaked Belle6 (I just got belle6 by april madness^^; then forget I have belle6) ,then I did not delete any file,
    but there was no FBMbelle6 , then it caused the naval problem and I sugegsted to make link with CtrlBelle6.

After install belle6 again,, now it seems work correctly, then there seems no problem morph about belle6.
    I checked all installed morphs with Belle6, compare with read me installed fiels, and Erc they are no problem,,

(I am relieved myself because I had not sent bug report about it,,, I do not know, why my first install,
    there was not FBMbelle6, but now it came up,,,, maybe I saw bad dream,,)

then, about your problem,,, I think,, you must need re-install contents as you planed.

if I could check your files ,, I may find which morph or file cause your problem,,
    but there seems no way,, to check it,,, and If you have save modified assets with wrong value,
    it already be over written (to remove problem etc,,)
    after all,, you may need to re install files to return clean default.

About DIM setting,, I do no know,, which way is best to safe transfer all contents to another HD.

so that I can not advice clear . If I were you,, I only use DIM to reinstall product contents to another HD.
    then about original (your saved or hand made files ) manually move them.

you may need to check this topic,,
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56618/