Visemes not responding on an M4

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi there.

I couldn't find this issue reported elsewhere so here goes.

1. Load and M4 with Morphs++
2. Play with the sliders to create a unique character.
3. Amend stomach of character and clothes manually to make them extra large.
4. Go to use mimic pro in carrara or indeed just manually play with the visemes sliders the mouth wont open.
5. use mouth open in morphs expressions - Base - works ok.

I've had success in animating speech before (see my youtube channel for the last 5 years), but somehow I've gone wrong with this character.

The visemes dials are there. From what I can make out they are loaded.

Is it the custom altering of the stomach that affects these? I can't think of anything else non-standard that I've done.

Any help most appreciated. :)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

I get this loading some pz2 morphs by others
    if I animate character before OK but not after, some even stop clothes conforming
    must be way morphs made not found a solution
    pz3 scenes and saved morphed characters from Poser do this too but can re add the base morphs and fix
    check the keyframes for the head too that nothing overriding

edited December 1969

turning off limits helps sometimes

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

I get this loading some pz2 morphs by others
    if I animate character before OK but not after, some even stop clothes conforming
    must be way morphs made not found a solution
    pz3 scenes and saved morphed characters from Poser do this too but can re add the base morphs and fix
    check the keyframes for the head too that nothing overriding

Thanks Wendy.

Re-adding the base morphs is as simple as drag and drop onto the root of the figure? I'm desperate now as this scene is going down in flames, when it should be the climax to episode 12.

(I've tried hiding the face as much as possible, but you can only go so far with that lol).

edited December 1969

Yes if you are lucky, that works on the Poser imports but not on the mostly third party morphs I mentioned.
    I had one I had to load a new figure in, copy just shading over and reconform clothes to the other day and use the new figure without the morph as it would not load any clothes, it was a V4 with a Renderosity morph only the head at that.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Yes if you are lucky, that works on the Poser imports but not on the mostly third party morphs I mentioned.
    I had one I had to load a new figure in, copy just shading over and reconform clothes to the other day and use the new figure without the morph as it would not load any clothes, it was a V4 with a Renderosity morph only the head at that.

Yes you reminded me. I had to do that for "Mr Smith" in episode 9. The only way is to re-create from scratch.

Ugh, I don't have time for that (well I do but it has knock on effects).

Bugs eh?

Unless anyone else has a fix?