[Daz 4.20] Loading assets makes scene shift to previous Load and then it applies new asset

Sorry if the title is confusing - I was not sure about the best way to explain this.

I have now used my Last Resort - Restore Defaults and lost all my settings - yet issue/setting still present.

What happens?

1. Load Figure
  2. Add assets
  3. Every time I make a change to the scene
  4. There is a quick second of the scene restoring to the previous "change" and then it updates with new change/addition

Example:

1. New G8F loaded to scene with default pose and Expression
  2. G8F with a Happy Expression applied
  3. I double-click a sad expression duf
  4. G8F shifts to Default Expression for <1 second
  5. G8F updates with Sad Expression
  6. I double click an Angry expression duf
  7. G8F shifts to Happy Expression for <1 second
  8. G8F updates with Angry Expression

This is not restricted to just expressions 

When I am loading many assets looking for the right fit - this shiftting is jarring as it restores to the Previous Step and then updates with new change applied which it was not doing prior to this issue so I do not know if this is 4.20 related as the issue only appeared after I had made some changes to Daz > Edit > Preferences. But the issue remains after restoring to defaults so I cant tell which setting this is.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

If it did not reset to default the expressions and poses would be added on top of each other and you would soon have something straight out of a nightmare.

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 75

jestmart said:

If it did not reset to default the expressions and poses would be added on top of each other and you would soon have something straight out of a nightmare.

It is clearly replacing the current expression but for that brief moment, for some reason it jumps to the previous change, which is really odd. Because I am comparing Exp 1 with Exp2 but when I then apply the next in line, Exp3, for some unknown reason, Exp1 flashes and is replaced by Exp3... when the Expected Behavior should be:

1. Starting Exp1
    2. Apply Exp2
    3. Exp1 replaced by Exp2 in Viewport
    4. Apply Exp3
    5. Exp2 changes to Exp1 in Viewport and Exp3 loads over it.