HD Characters settings

videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi.

I have purchased several character's at Daz store and some are HD characters. Before my renders was always like 15 mins....but now even at low render setting(draft setting) I noticed a considerable slowdown to almost a halt at some point when rendering HD characters, took about an hour over to render and using preset lights bought at Daz store. Is the slowdown due to HD characters, lighting or render settings is still a mystery to me. Is there a setting to adjust HD characters to non HD or low res maybe?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately HD is all or nothing if you are using 3Delight - Iray, if you are using the beta, does use the render time SubD setting to control the resolution. Using HD with an SSS shader such as that by Ag of Armor can be particularly slow.compared to a non-HD setting.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

Most of the HD character products comes with a standard definition character morph and a HD morph to add details. If it does, you can dial the HD details morph to 0.00 to remove it.

Go to the Parameters tab and select the Genesis 2 figure and click on Currently Used. If you see two Parameter dials for the character, usually separate head and a body morphs, and one has an extra "HD Details" label, you can dial those to 0.00 to remove the HD morph.

hd_morphs.jpg
    913 x 302 - 82K
  • videoninja719videoninja719 Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

thanks this really helps