Carrara's got me interested, but

jims5greenjims5green Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Does Carrara provide character dialog animation, I'll use TTS English? Tell me it does!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

if you buy the mimic plugin
    the advantage of this plugin is ANY figure or object with morphs can also be animated with it too, I have even animated primitives etc for crazy music vids because you can make things an animation group and create NLA clips and assign them to visemes.

• jims5greenjims5green Posts: 9
    edited May 2015

Thank you very much. Armed with that bit of info, I think I'll squeeze a few pennys outa ma sock and start downloading Carrara. Buy the way, what's the mimic plugin called?

No doubt the mimic plugin.

Is it listed in the store?

Thanks much.

Post edited by jims5green on
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/mimic-pro-for-carrara it has and prob will again go on massive sale if you can wait
    meanwhile you can export a lipsync duf pose from DAZ studio 32 bit for Genesis and G2M & F

edited May 2015

oh just realized, some TTS voices are not recognized as wav files so you might want to try the DAZ route first
    I have been unable to solve this and raised it a few times on forum, I mostly just use those that are and morph them with various software

I did a quick test, Microsoft anna gives an error but works some others do not

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

I think I can help ya out with this one. Go to Infovox IVox v4.0.2. It's for Mac's. Anyway, AssistiveWare and Acapela Group is where the goodies abide.

Do your text, run it through IVox, Ghost Reader, while recording it, then drop that audio file into Audacity, and woo-la - you can do mp3, 4 and WAV.

You can set speech rate, volume and silence tags with Ghost Reader. Give it a try - it works great. ;-)

edited December 1969

I have tried doctoring them in audacity still errors in carrara not DAZ studio or iClone
    even morphing with morphvox/screamimg bee fails to fix the carrara import error what DOES work is using the wmv from iclone in audacity and saving as wav
    is something about the wav file itself carrara hates if could pin it down I could fix it

edited December 1969

I'm gonna purchase Carrara, in the next day or so. I'll run the wav through an AW mixer system then analyze it with some other goodies I have at my disposal.

After I get a good look at the code pattern, I'll match that with a pattern gen. then see what Carrara likes and doesn't like. I'll be back..:-)

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

oh just realized, some TTS voices are not recognized as wav files so you might want to try the DAZ route first
    I have been unable to solve this and raised it a few times on forum, I mostly just use those that are and morph them with various software

I did a quick test, Microsoft anna gives an error but works some others do not

Could be due to bit rate or sample rate? My preliminary testing of Carrara Mimic plugin using converted MP3 to WAV has no problem, so far anyway. Some older audio apps have issue with 24 bit 48K and non-standard compression. As a rule I save human voices as 16 bit, 44K (44100 kHz), Mono. 8 bit should be okay too for Mimic. And if the option is there, choose compression type PCM.