Iray preview or rendering stops working after making a few minor changes.

ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 136

I load a scene and iray preview/rendering works no problem. If I make a few minor changes such as moving a chair a couple feet or changing the camera location a few pixels (no additional content added), iray preview in the viewport/rendering the scene will stop working. I can continue working in Daz Studio but just can't render or preview in iray anymore. If I save the scene in this failed state and relaunch Daz Studio, the iray preview/rendering will work again, as long as I make 0 changes and immediately start rendering after loading the scene. So a scene that renders perfectly fine after a fresh load can get into a state where it can no longer render by simply moving a couple things around (nothing added/changed to the scene that would impact memory use). 

Never had this issue using these scenes in older versions of Daz Studio. 

My PC Specs:

• Intel i7 5820
  • 32GB RAM
  • NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB
  • Daz Studio 4.20 (tried a few of the 4.20 updates as well)
  • CPU fallback disabled (GPU rendering only). Enabling CPU fallback solves the issue, but this is not a long term solution. The issue is why does a scene go from rendering with no problems to a state where it fails by simply moving a couple objects around. 

Additional Note: When the rendering issue occurs, deleting objects in the scene does not help. My only solution is to relaunch Daz Studio.

Post edited by ArgleSW on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

What does your log say when trying to render?

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 136

Something I have not checked before. I will try that later tonight and post the log. 

• ArgleSW said:

Something I have not checked before. I will try that later tonight and post the log. 

I'm having this same issue. ArgleSW, did you ever check your logs or figure out a solution?