Daz Studio 4.15 Unable To Find Texture Files

Daz Studio v. 4.15.0.30 running on my mid-2010 MacBook Pro can no longer find texture files for some non-Daz content in my Content Library as of this morning, even after removing and reinstalling the content. I never encountered this before. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, or know of possible solutions? If it helps, I am running macOS 11.6.5 Big Sur on a 2.8 GHz quad-core Intel core i7, 16 GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2 GB memory as well as an Intel Iris Pro. Thank you for your time and attention.

Post edited by colongraphics on

Comments

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

Same happened to me after installing win11 and reinstalling DS, but not my content as it's on it's own hard drive. No idea why it happened or what the solution is. Don't have time for this kinda crap, so just as I come across the problems I delete them. It's happennin on my 4.15 and 4.20 beta as well, so it's not due to version of DS I guess. It's frustrating, like I load a skin set, it finds like 95% of the set, but cant find some of the maps, in the same folder it loaded the other ones from. I look in the folder to make sure, and there is sitting the texture it can't find lol. I install my OS like once a year or so, first time this ever happened.

• Which content? If it's complaining about an eye-texture with a 7 uin the name this is a known issue - the PA had a template file they used and one of the paths starts with a double /, which worked in older versions of DS but cancels the next folder name now so the path loses the initial Runtime. The PA is updating the ir characters, in the meantime you could open the affected files in a text editor and replace //Runtime with /Runtime to fix any you need right now, or other products with similar looking issues. You might need to decompress the files first, Window>Workspace>Batch Convert.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Which content? If it's complaining about an eye-texture with a 7 uin the name this is a known issue - the PA had a template file they used and one of the paths starts with a double /, which worked in older versions of DS but cancels the next folder name now so the path loses the initial Runtime. The PA is updating the ir characters, in the meantime you could open the affected files in a text editor and replace //Runtime with /Runtime to fix any you need right now, or other products with similar looking issues. You might need to decompress the files first, Window>Workspace>Batch Convert.

I'm afraid not. These are older products and textures that I manually installed last year into My Library, both from vendor sites and from Patreon artists I support. Everything was working normally last night and failed to work this morning, for both G8 and G3 versions of wardrobe and textures from different PAs. My initial suspicion was that the files gor corrupted somehow, because in one case neither the geometries or the textures could be found. I downloaded and manually reinstalled the files for all affected products I could find.  No joy, so I've been scanning the forums for either a Daz CMS update I need to install or an automatic Apple Mac OS update that may have set things awry. And asking here, of course, before I put in a ticket.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Use the Content Library pane.  Can you see your files under DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats?

• jestmart said:

Use the Content Library pane.  Can you see your files under DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats?

Thanks, jestmart, I can. Everything seems to be in order there. The program just can't seem to find the file paths for some, and I haven't the slightest idea why. 

• RL_Media said:

Same happened to me after installing win11 and reinstalling DS, but not my content as it's on it's own hard drive. No idea why it happened or what the solution is. Don't have time for this kinda crap, so just as I come across the problems I delete them. It's happennin on my 4.15 and 4.20 beta as well, so it's not due to version of DS I guess. It's frustrating, like I load a skin set, it finds like 95% of the set, but cant find some of the maps, in the same folder it loaded the other ones from. I look in the folder to make sure, and there is sitting the texture it can't find lol. I install my OS like once a year or so, first time this ever happened.

Hi, RL Media! Did you update to 4.20 from 4.15? Check with Richard or some of the other mods, But since you are a Windows user, it might be useful-if tedious-to back up your files and find your Program Data Folder to delete the Content Management Service. The program folder may be hidden, so "Show Hidden Folders" first. After you delete that, delete 4.20 and reinstall. That will give you a clean install of the CMS, and it might be able to find the files after that. It is a quirk of the CMS; it may not find averything or not show assets in Smart Content if you are using the original installation from a previous version of Daz Studio. It is a lot of work though, and I can't guarantee it will work. 

I have not used anything but Daz Studio 4.15 on my Mac laptop since I did reinstall of the OS late last year or early this year, but I may have to do the same thing if another solution does not present itself for my particular problem. Bugger!

• colongraphics colongraphics Posts: 77
    edited April 2022

I'm discovering that Daz Studio 4.15 can't find the file path for a large number of Daz and Poser assets that it could find when I last used the program on 16 April 2022. I'm going to delete CMS,delete Daz, and attempt a clean install of an earlier Daz Studio version from my archive this week. Thanks for your help for those who commented on my original post.

Post edited by colongraphics on