Mimic and puppetteer anyone got to work together?

edited May 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, I have been trying different combinations trying to get this to work (ie: use pupetteer to make an animation) and then use Mimic to add lip synch. Only one or the other seems to work. Using 8.5 on Win 8 system.

Any tips appreciated

Post edited by reddotmedia_8092aed472 on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

I don't know the answers, but until someone better informed comes along, these tutorials might help.

Mimic (via Steve of SciFi Funk)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGifaQfWGjY

Puppeteer (via Daz)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtFnC1a-pPY

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI An Alias :)

The issue here is that Puppeteer records the entire body which includes the head, and any expressions,. Everything.

Mimic creates animation for the head and expressions, which is what you want to have working instead of the Puppeteer data.

NLA Track holds the answer.

Each track has a set of options which allow you to specify which parts are to be animated and which parts are not.
    so, in one track you'd have your mimic animation, and in another NLA track you'd have your Mimic animation
    You select the Puppeteer Track, (not the animation clip) then go to the NLA tab (top right) and click "parameters"

That will open the Parameters section where you can de-select any parts of your model which you don't want to be animated by the animation data in this track
    this will allow the other NLA track's to animate those parts of the figure.

The Parameters section is also available when you Save a new animation as an NLA clip,. so, you could also select which parts of the puppeteer animation you want to save at that point,.

Hope it helps :)

• edited December 1969

cool, was thinking it was something like this, I will check it out and let you know if works!

Thanks!