My daz rendering is extremely slow.

Only rendering tho, viewport performence stayed consistently good for a few months, im bringing this up becaus I wans't actually rendering for a month as I was putting together a big mansion environment to use in a VN. I tried rendering an isolated room (as you do for best performence) from the mansion today and it was rendeering extremely slowly. I got spooked that a month of my work has gone to waste buth then I rendered one of my older scenes that was way better optimised than the mansion scene and it was also rendering very slowly. So the silver lining is that my mansion scene will actually render faster than my other scenes but first I need to figure out why are all of my scenes rendering slow. The problem only came up after update 4.20. Is there anything in the update that could cause slow rendering?

Here is what I figured out so far:   1. My graphics card is working on the scene (advanced render settings)   2.I once had an issue where I had 30k octane render scene data's but that impacted viewport performence tremendously and I chaecked so that isn't it.

That's it all the technical issues that I ever solved.      Help now preety please.

Comments

• BTW. on scenes that I was getting 3000 iterations an hour. now im getting 180 iterations an hour.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

It sounds as it does fallback to CPU.

What does your log say?

• Where do I find the log?

• doesn't seem likely that it falls to the gpu, I've 8 gb of vram and I was only rendering a small environment, for what reason would it fall to the gpu even?

• My log says that it only renders with the CPU and that it alocates 47 mib for rendering. so it is falling to the CPU while it is suposed to render with GPU (Graphics card).

So problem identified, what do I do now? any ideas?

• Have you recently updated Daz Studio to 4.20.0.2? That has a higher minumum GPU driver requirement, so you may just need to update the driver. The same may be true if you, or a system update, have rolled the driver back to an older version.

• Im updating my drivers right now will post again in 5 minutes.

• Yeah updating the drivers fixed it, Thanks a lot.