Help Needed with Daz Studio Reality Issues

WSCWSC Posts: 157
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm having several issues with Daz Studio and Reality I could use some help with or maybe direction on a thread if this has been discussed. The issues I'm having are:

1. Items are still showing up in the Reality Render Editor after they have been deleted. They remain there, I cannot remove them, but they do not render in the scene.

2. Reality is not doing a consistent job of converting textures. A scene I have with V6 for example is causing problems. Most of her skin surfaces import with SSS. Her face however does not. Worse, I cannot or have a difficult time changing the surface to match the other skin surfaces.

3. With changing a skin texture and exporting to render, Reality will show the new texture in the Render Editor, but render with the old texture.

I am using Daz 4.1.0.12 64bit Pro Edition, Reality plugin® version 4.0.7 -- Build: 61 and Luxrender V 1.3.1

Thanks,

Comments

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2015

if you have not done so already post this question in the Reality forms over at runtimedna.com.

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • WSCWSC Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

if you have not done so already post this question in the Reality forms over at runtimedna.com.

I will do that.

thanks,

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664
    edited December 1969

the duplicate items problem is well documented and hopefully will be fixed in the up-cumming release of Reality 4.1, but there is a work-a-round, save your scene as a scene sub-set (note - this will remove all reality data from the scene), start a new blank scene and load the newly created scene sub-set.

As for the SSS settings for V6's face can you post a scene shot of Reality's material editor for V6's face.

• WSCWSC Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

PlatnumK said:
    the duplicate items problem is well documented and hopefully will be fixed in the up-cumming release of Reality 4.1, but there is a work-a-round, save your scene as a scene sub-set (note - this will remove all reality data from the scene), start a new blank scene and load the newly created scene sub-set.

As for the SSS settings for V6's face can you post a scene shot of Reality's material editor for V6's face.

i'll do that. ts interesting. 2 completely different set options for the face vs the rest of the skin textures.