TUMBLEWEEDS made in Bryce

Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

This is the best I could come up with using Bryce's Tree Lab to model a reasonably decent looking tumbleweed. To bad Bryce doesn't have a Plant Lab that could be used to make bushes, weeds, flowers, etc.

On the right side of the image below is one of my generic tumbleweeds fresh out of the Tree Lab. I exported it into Carrara and used the twist modifiers on it, and the final result is seen on the left.

I made about a 10 tumbleweed variations suing the Tree Lab default and Yew tree. The Carrara twist modifier can be used to create endless slight variations in each imported Bryce tumbleweed.

tumbleweed_twisted_in_CAR_1.jpg
1500 x 780 - 197K

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I love the smaller one on the left, that looks great!

• CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@FlashGarcia - I agree with Sean. The smaller one looks pretty darn real. Good job!

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 498
    edited December 1969

Very nice, FlashGarcia!

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the complements, Sean Riesch, CTippetts, fencepost52

I've posted 2 screen captures of the one of my Bryce tumbleweeds, that appears too much like just a bush in Bryce, imported into Carrara in 3DS format, and then twisted a bit with a modifier. The twisting modifications turn the Bryce bush into a decent looking version of a tumbleweed.
    The first screenshot shows the imported unmodified Bryce bush, and the second screenshot shows the modifications.

Thanks also to Fishtales

tumbleweed_YEW_3G_-_Capture_2.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 269K
    tumbleweed_YEW_3G_-_Capture_1.jpg
    1680 x 1010 - 267K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Great Tumbleweeds!