surface selection tool "select surface with" (R-click option)

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

In 3d view, R-click by surface selection tool, and show option
"select surface with" is very useful,
To select surface group which have same value of each shader proeperty.:)

but when I need to select wrapped innner surface group, it cause difficultiy.
eg iris, innermouth, or under clothing etc.:blank:

Though I can select surface group from surface tab> surface group.
but it can not show R-click option for me.

To use "select surface with",at current I think, we need to R-click the surface by surface selection tool.
or is there way to change setting in customize action?

I hope to call the option "select surface with" from surface tab selection too.

(If someone already send request to daz? ):roll:

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,971
    edited December 1969

I just 'zoom in' on the area so that the camera view passes through the covering surface to allow me to select those below. Fiddly, yes, but it does work.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

You could always make a feature request to add a field for entering a custom value as well as picking a property to the dialogue, or to add the ability to pick the type surface from a list, or both. Or ask for an ability to select-through the way we can select the main figure or a conformer when right-clicking with the node tool.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2015

Hi Simon JM, thank you.

I think your way worked for me too, but I think it do not allow mr to r-click the covered surface group
    at current daz studio 4.7.

I do not know, it have worked before or not.
    I chage view port shading wireflame too.

eg,I often need to check Subsurface ID group and adjust subsurface properties for eye or mouth etc.
    then hope to gather group which have same ID around eye ,or same subsurface scale only.

when I try to select Cornea or irise ,by surface selection tool, I can select eye reflection only,, ^^;

even though I select cornea by surface group in surface tab.
    I could not show the right click option. then try to open "select surface with" option by r-click in 3d view,
    it simply change selection, then show only about "eye reflection surface" again.

I believe, it is easy to add r-click option to the surface tab option as same as 3d view with surface selection tool.
    then I thought there should be way to change or add option menu in customize.
    but I can not find the action of surface selection tool (r-click menu), in customize.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2015

Richard. Yes I could . but You could too. and you know more DAZ and daz aprication than me.

If I send future request, I hope it really need for many user too. if there is way to achieve it, I do not request .
    or support need to reply "there is already way, to select same value of shader proeprty without surface selection" etc.

then I asked here. not hope to send official request to daz untill I can confrim there is no way .

and if there is already many same request about this, I may need not. to send ticket again.:ohh:

surfaceselection.JPG
    814 x 678 - 166K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on