How was this Daz3d Art made?

seamus.cranleyseamus.cranley Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hello There,

I am slowing learning how to make fantasy art with Daz3d. I understand that a lot of post work is done in photoshop or gimp.

Can someone here tell me basically how this render was touched up to make it look so beautiful?

If it's just Photoshop then thats fine, but I am wondering specifically if Daz3d has additional plugins and or shaders that helped?

Thanks for any advice,

Seamus

:-)

Daz3d.png
1285 x 592 - 954K

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,608
    edited December 1969

That just looks like a lot of post work to me.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hello There,

I am slowing learning how to make fantasy art with Daz3d. I understand that a lot of post work is done in photoshop or gimp.

Can someone here tell me basically how this render was touched up to make it look so beautiful?

If it's just Photoshop then thats fine, but I am wondering specifically if Daz3d has additional plugins and or shaders that helped?

Thanks for any advice,

Seamus

:-)

I did a fast one using plane and Opacity
    and a background .
    Maybe it will get you started .

000_plane_with_Opacity.jpg
    1028 x 1028 - 496K
  • mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

They render out the image and probably done a lot of post work on the image to give it a paint style look.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited May 2015

Isikol posted a postwork workflow tutorial a while back after a contest win here on the DAZforums, that's detailed and gives the basic steps in the development of a post worked image.

http://isikol.deviantart.com/art/WAR-WORKFLOW-TUTORIAL-253647576

war___workflow_tutorial_by_isikol.jpg
    307 x 441 - 117K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited May 2015

Though there are many images posted on the site that are amazingly straight "render only" art especially whats coming out of Iray and Reality, and DAZ Studio with SSS, AoA, AO,

usually images that "pop" and get noticed have atleast some postwork added to them.

Another Isikol image from the same deviant art link.

darkstar___postwork_by_isikol-d3fxzk8small.jpg
    526 x 380 - 104K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on