Genesis Supersuit

PekkPekk Posts: 3
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi. I'm a Poser user. Currently I'm working with Poser Pro 2012.

I was glad to buy the Genesis Supersuit and a few other accessories of it. I installed it but it does not appear within Poser. I just now noticed that in the page for the product it states as Compatible Software only Daz Studio and not Poser. However it also states that it includes 1 DSON core installer.

I thought the DSON thing was made for Poser compatibility.

Anyway I just want to know if there is a way to use this product within Poser or if it is totally uncompatible.

Does anyone knows for sure?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2015

Pekk said:
    Hi. I'm a Poser user. Currently I'm working with Poser Pro 2012.

I was glad to buy the Genesis Supersuit and a few other accessories of it. I installed it but it does not appear within Poser. I just now noticed that in the page for the product it states as Compatible Software only Daz Studio and not Poser. However it also states that it includes 1 DSON core installer.

I thought the DSON thing was made for Poser compatibility.

Anyway I just want to know if there is a way to use this product within Poser or if it is totally uncompatible.

Does anyone knows for sure?

Thanks a lot!

No a DSON core installer is the main DS file TO have Poser compatibility it also needs to have a Poser CF (Companion File)

Poser uses the DSON importer,

PS DAZ 3D does have a 30 day money back guarantee if you buy something that you can't use.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • PekkPekk Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thanks chohole!, the problem is I bought this product more than 30 days ago, I just haven't had the time to play with it and now that I need it does not work. Uggghhh!!!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2015

Tried to create the companion files in DS, but for some reason it throws an error on everything.

/edit
    Nevermind. I have to do each type separately and not rely on any sort of metadata. This might be because I don't use the CMS and have no metadata installed. lol

Supersuit_PCF_Error.PNG
    944 x 746 - 118K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

The Supersuit relies heavily on Studio shaders and has a crap load of material zones, it is not very Poser friendly even if you could get it to work. If you explain your situation to customer support they may allow you to return it for store credit but not a straight refund.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890
    edited December 1969

I really like the supersuit, but I kind of wish it had been broken up into separate objects or something. Or maybe sort it...

Trying to put one shader on all the 'armory' bits and another shader on all the in between clothy bits... oy gevalt.

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361

Pinging Vaskinia, Did you ever get the Supersuit to work properly in Poser?