PostGreSQL after Updating to Carrara build 19

porthos62porthos62 Posts: 48
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi All,

I have just downloaded and installed the update to Carrara 8.5 pro 64 bit (build 19).

I'm yet to install the Valentina to PostgreSQL conversion as the last time I installed that it lost all my existing content from the Smart Content pane and only showed newly purchaed items

Is this now fixed or should I stick with Valentina ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

+1 curious about the compatibility

• porthos62porthos62 Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

Not a lot of respose to this query.

Only way to try it is to install Postgre and the Conversion I suppose.
    Last time I tried it (on build 343) it caused me all sorts of problems with lost content.

:-)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi All :)

There shouldn't be any problems changing to the new database.
    if there are any issues,..
    in Daz Studio there's a database management option which allows you to re-import all content on your drives into the database.
    Dim should also be able to re-scan and import any content installed using Dim

The Valentina conversion utility runs when it's downloaded using DIm, and may take a couple of minutes to complete, depending on the size of your content libraries. once that's done you should be good to go.

Unfortunately having things go wrong in a "beta version" is what's expected.
    now that it's " final release", any issues should have been resolved.

No problems here installing / changing over

:)

• porthos62porthos62 Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

@3dAGE

Thanks for the information, I'll trying installing PostGRE SQL and the Valentina conversion and see what happens :-)

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

The Valentina conversion thing did not work for me at all, but I popped open DAZ Studio and re-imported the metadata from there and that did work (although it took a long time because I have so much content) - just in case you have an issue.

edited December 1969

is there an admin utility for valentina and postO?

can you see the database tables?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Misty Whisky :)

The changeover process should be as automatic and simple as possible,. so, no, to .data tables access

no need to have users try to deal with any database issues ,. the database should simply supply the content data to the software.

The conversion utility should take your current Valentina data, and converts that to Postgres. done deal.
    you can now open your software and it should be using the new database.

Personally I don't like the fact that I'm dealing with any Databases, or Database issues,. I just want to use the software to create stuff.
    data tables and internal data file structures or database management issues, .....don't really get my creative juices flowing

Daz Studio has some Database management options and also there's the "Categories" option, where users who want the ability to re-arrange the way the "data" is presented to them, can spend time moving things around in a virtual way to "organise" their content.
    without actually changing the real location of any files.

I just want to use the content when I want to without having to think about where it is, or what works with what
    I don't want to know about databases or how to re-organise my content so that all my blue socks are in a "Blue socks" folder, etc,,
    That stuff isn't creative.

anyway, I'm ranting / venting now :)

Hope that makes sense :)

edited December 1969

remember foxpro?

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

remember foxpro?

I actually have a couple of certificates for that!

ncamp