Measure Metrics update for DS 4.8

LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
edited May 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

At present Measure Metrics installs to a default location without any way of changing it. Will it be updated for use in Daz 4.8?

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

Move to DAZ Studio Discussion.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

If you haven't installed a Public beta before then you will need to reinstall plug-ins, most shaders and some scripts so that the necessary files are placed in the application folder (though some things may not work with betas even then). Measure metrics, and other DAZ-branded plug-ins, have always had updated versions specifically for betas and new versions of DS; where you get those I would advise using them.

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

If you haven't installed a Public beta before then you will need to reinstall plug-ins, most shaders and some scripts so that the necessary files are placed in the application folder (though some things may not work with betas even then). Measure metrics, and other DAZ-branded plug-ins, have always had updated versions specifically for betas and new versions of DS; where you get those I would advise using them.

Hi

DS 4.8 being a separate version has it's own installation path - Measure Metrics simply installs without any path options. Currently the only way I can see to install it is if I knew what files (.dll's etc) are installed I could copy them over to the appropriate directories.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

There should be a public beta version of your DAZ plug-ins - including Measure Metrics. Other things, such as shaders, will usually install for all currently installed versions of DS (which is why you may need to do some reinstalling if you hadn't installed a Public Beta when you installed the shaders).