Why Don't I have Genesis 2 Female Base?

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

This is very weird. For the past six or so years I've always kept up with downloads of new DAZ Studio versions, including the latest, which by my understanding should have came with the Genesis 2 Female Base... I have the Genesis 2 Male Base, but the Female version isn't to be found! I downloaded the Genesis 2 Female Essentials Starter Pack, thinking she'd be in there, but she's not.

So how do I get her? Shouldn't she have been free with some update?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

She is in the genesis 2Female Starter Essentials

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited May 2015

Yes, and I installed it... and she's not showing up :(

Edit: Ah, I found her. It took about ten minutes for DAZ to refresh it. Thanks.

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This is very weird. For the past six or so years I've always kept up with downloads of new DAZ Studio versions, including the latest, which by my understanding should have came with the Genesis 2 Female Base... I have the Genesis 2 Male Base, but the Female version isn't to be found! I downloaded the Genesis 2 Female Essentials Starter Pack, thinking she'd be in there, but she's not.

So how do I get her? Shouldn't she have been free with some update?

The Genesis 2 Female bas IS inside the Genesis 2 Female Essentials Starter Pack.

Did you use DIM to install it, you should find G2F in DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis 2 Female
    edited December 1969

Yes, I just had to edit my post. She finally showed up.

Since I am on the Gen 2 topic, do I really need Victoria 6 to buy characters that "use" Vic 6? They'll work, but just look different if I don't have V6, right?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,094
    edited December 1969

Since I am on the Gen 2 topic, do I really need Victoria 6 to buy characters that "use" Vic 6? They'll work, but just look different if I don't have V6, right?
    Some characters require V6 because they use the shape at various degree, so if you don't have v6 the morph will work (you'll probably get an error message though) but it will look different.
    Some require v6 because the textures use the v6 UVs. In that case if you don't have V6 then the textures won't work.
    edited December 1969

Odd that V6 should have a different UV than Genesis2... anyway, thanks for the info.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,942
    edited December 1969

Teen Josie has V6 UV included if you have her.