Problem saving a morph

mikey186mikey186 Posts: 84
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was trying to save a BelBel/Aiko 3 morph, but apparently, I keep getting this error that says "You must save Figure/Morph assets before you can save Morph Asset(s)". It's a real pain when trying everything around to save this morph with this stupid error. Help?

BEFORE you ask why I STILL have this 'old and outdated' figure, unfortunately, it's the ONLY FIGURE that has a perfect anime eyes shape, and a oval sized eyes that can easily be texture-replaced instead of original 'circled' eyes (like most figures). And finding alternatives for it is HARD TO FIND and very EXPENSIVE. So then I still left with this.

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

Your trying to save Poser content using the save functions for TriAx figures (aka Genesis), so I'm not surprised it's not working.

With DS4 you only have a few choices when it comes to working with non native content.

1) File > Export and choose CR2 from the file types in the save window.

2) File > Save as > scene subset

Your other options are to get a copy of DS3 and use DeltaX15's plugin to create an INJ/REM of your morph, or to use Poser.

• ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

You could also convert your base "old and outdated" figure to Triax and save as a Figure Asset. You would then be able to save your morph as a Morph Asset. Of course, this limits your use of the morph to the converted Triax figure and thus to DS 4.6. However, I've done this for several .cr2 figures without trouble.

--MW

• mikey186mikey186 Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

I tried both of these methods, but getting the same error. I did tried at first, saving the CR2 file, then the subset, then trying it again, didn't work. Then I tried converting weght mapping to TriAx, saving as a preset, then morph asset, nothing. Too bad DS3 doesn't exist anymore at least if Mcjcasual can create a script for minor morphs as INJ/REM files or any script in DS4.7. (not even when the new 4.8 comes out)