Poser Formats Runtime Structure in DAZ Studio?

R25SR25S Posts: 595
edited December 1969 in New Users

Now I started to re-organize my folder structure and have a few question about the structure of the Runtime for the Poser Formats.

Inside the Poser Formats Contet Pane their are only the Runtime/Libraries/ Camera, Figures (wich refer to the folder character), [removed]wich refer to the folder Face), Hair, Hands, Light, Material, Pose, Props, Scene
but inside the Explorer their are many more folders inside the Runtime/Librariy (see screenshot). What about these folders? Should I leave them where they are or should I merge them to another folder and if so to wich folder?
I marked the folders wich I`m talking about.
If you need to know what files inside the folders, let me know and I post screenshots of the content.

And another question about the Runtime. Inside some folders are duf files; do I need them or could I delete them? (I don`t use Poser)

runtime1.jpg
713 x 922 - 54K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

but inside the Explorer their are many more folders inside the Runtime/Librariy (see screenshot). What about these folders? Should I leave them where they are or should I merge them to another folder and if so to wich folder?
    I marked the folders wich I`m talking about.
    If you need to know what files inside the folders, let me know and I post screenshots of the content.

Just leave these folders where they are, it looks like they are properly installed, I have many of them as well.

And another question about the Runtime. Inside some folders are duf files; do I need them or could I delete them? (I don`t use Poser)

Where there are DUF files, these are for DAZ Studio, and do not show up inside Poser, but they are needed for using the item in DAZ Studio. You will often find PZ2 files with a DUF or DSA file of EXACTLY the same name in the Runtime folder.

When the DS Content Library displays them, it adds the little scroll icon at the top left to let you know, that although this is Poser content, DS is going to use the DAZ Studio file. Poser users will not see these DS files, just the Poser PZ2 ones.

Hope that helps a bit?
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited December 1969

R25S said:
    What about these folders? Should I leave them where they are or should I merge them to another folder and if so to wich folder?
    Those folder host files which are used by other files, like morph deltas for custom morphs. In the !DAZ folders you'll have all morph deltas for the DAZ figures provided in Poser format, for example.

Don't move those unless you're ready to hand-edit all the references to those in the files which use them...

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited May 2015

OK.

I thought duf (dson user files) are only needed if you use DAZ Studio stuff inside Poser and not needed if you use DAZ Studio only.

If you say that the other folders are at the correct place, I leave them where they are.
    I only asked about them because most of them contain inj and rem files wich I thought that they belong to Morphs or poses?

A few of them also have dsx files inside, wich I`m also not sure about if they stay in the Poser Formats Runtime? (Edit: answerd by Leana`s post)

And at last another question, I forget to ask...
    Some folders inside Poses contain "DAZ Option" folders, inside this folders are pz2 and dsa files... since they are called DAZ Options do they belong to the Poser Formats (Runtime) or should they be moved to the default DAZ Path?

Post edited by R25S on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

If DS sees a pz2 (or other Poser library file) in \Runtime\Libraries and a matching native file (.ds? or .duf) it will load the native file and ignore the Poser file. So you can leave those where they are and apply them to the models to set (I imagine) DS materials; you can move the png and .dsa files out of the Runtime, but then you will have to find them under DAZ Studio Formats instead of in the Poser library to use them - and I would imagine the base content they apply to is in the Poser library, so that may well be more trouble.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,406
    edited December 1969

R25S said:
    I thought duf (dson user files) are only needed if you use DAZ Studio stuff inside Poser and not needed if you use DAZ Studio only.duf and DSON files are in fact intended for DS, it's te format DS has been using since 4.5. DSON importer allows you to use them in Poser too.

I only asked about them because most of them contain inj and rem files wich I thought that they belong to Morphs or poses?

Well, a good number of those folders could indeed be located in a common "Morphs" folder. The thing is, "Morphs" is not one of the standard poser folders, there's no standard for morphs packaging like there is for geometries and textures. So content creators package them in any way they want. Some group them in a "Morphs" folders, some use other systems.