Genesis Models help

oldrepublic001oldrepublic001 Posts: 34
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey. Im new to this software and I have a question. How do I merge other materials to my current Genesis mod from other models? Like Micheal's Epsilon Bodysuit and armor?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Are you asking how to use clothing made for Michael 4 with a Genesis figure?

If you select Genesis, then try to apply a piece of clothing made for Michael 4, the Autofit should pop up and ask you what figure the clothing was made for. Select M4, and the type of clothing from the pop-up, and Autofit should fit it for you.

Not everything Autofits perfectly, and there still may need to be work done to get it to look right.

Is that what you mean?

• oldrepublic001oldrepublic001 Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Okay. Let me rephrase my question into an issue that I'm having right now. I just got Daz and the Micheal 4 thing was for free for the week. So I got it. The Epsilion body suit and armor. It cant seem to put it on my Genesis mod for some reason. Do I need the Micheal model? Because I don't have it. The only thing that I have for that is the Clothing, Material and the Puppeteer. It worked before on my Genesis Model and now it doesnt seem to work cause I cant put the Micheal's materials into the models anymore.

• ilseturnbullilseturnbull Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

I found Michael 4 base in the smart pane, it didn't show up in the content pane though.

edited December 1969

Well it doesnt work. I cant use the Epsilon suit. It just doesnt click. I click on it for the male profile, but it doesn't register. Is it a glitch? Cause it worked before. Now it doesn't. Not sure whats going on. I like the suit and I want to use it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

Make sure it's the models, in Poser Formats>Install location>Figures>Some folder, and not the materials, probably in Poser Formats>Install location>Pose>Some folder, that you are trying to load.

edited December 1969

Okay. Let me rephrase my question into an issue that I'm having right now. I just got Daz and the Micheal 4 thing was for free for the week. So I got it. The Epsilion body suit and armor. It cant seem to put it on my Genesis mod for some reason. Do I need the Micheal model? Because I don't have it. The only thing that I have for that is the Clothing, Material and the Puppeteer. It worked before on my Genesis Model and now it doesnt seem to work cause I cant put the Micheal's materials into the models anymore.

I just tried this, and the Epsilon Body Armour does work on Genesis. When I tried to load it onto Genesis, Autofit appeared and I made the selections and it fitted without a problem.

I think you may be confused about the difference between M4 and Genesis.

M4 is a Poser format figure (CR2) and you will find it in Poser Formats. All figures prior to Genesis and Genesis 2 were in Poser Format

The armour can be found in Poser Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > Figures > LM Epsilon. All of the files are Poser format CR2, and can be Autofitted to Genesis.

DAZ Studio materials for this set can be found in
    DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > People > Michael 4 > Clothing > Materials > Epsilon. All these files do, is to load the DAZ Studio optimised materials onto the already loaded CR2 figures.

You can check inside DIM to find out where anything has been installed to, by clicking on the item in the Installed tab, right click, and select 'Show Installed Files' That will show you the library that it has been installed into, and what items were installed.
    edited May 2015

Well. Tried it again. Autofit doesnt work for my genesis for the Epsilon. All other materials work, but not the suit and armor. I think I broke it...

I have the M4 Bodysuit as well and it seems to work. The only thing that doesnt work is the Epsilon cause the autofit isnt autofitting the suit into my Genesis models. Thats my issue. Cause it worked before. So I think I broke it somehow. Not sure. I tried the uninstalling then and reinstalled it. Maybe I should try again...

*EDIT*

Never Mind. I figured out the problem *facepalm.

Im so sorry. Thanks for the help guys. Epsilon works. Daz is new to me, so be patient lol. I'm getting there...

Post edited by oldrepublic001 on
    edited December 1969

It can be difficult to get your head around all of the different formats, we have all been there :)

The thing to remember is that Genesis is known as Generation 5, Genesis 2 is Generation 6, and any DAZ 3D figures before them (Generation 4 and lower) were all in Poser Format, CR2 for figures, PZ2 for poses and PP2 for props.

Anything that you find in DAZ Studio Formats for Gen 4 or before, will only be materials, or other DAZ Studio files like Optitex dynamic clothing.

When using Smart Content, just be aware of the little label at the top of the icon which will tell you whether it is an object, pose or material. There is no error message if you just try to load a material with nothing in the Scene pane selected, always make sure that it is a figure that you are trying to load, and not just a material for it.

It will all come together soon enough, and we are always here to help.