Have to type in my serial number every time I start Carrara

"The application can't get administrator access right, you should run it once as administrator or reinstall it."

The problem is, I'm running and installing carrara as the computer administrator and I'm still receiving the same message. I can still use the application but I still have to type in the serial number each time I want to use Carrara. What's the deal? How can this get fixed?

Screen_Shot_2015-05-17_at_7.50_.44_PM_.png
1440 x 900 - 239K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

"The application can't get administrator access right, you should run it once as administrator or reinstall it."

The problem is, I'm running and installing carrara as the computer administrator and I'm still receiving the same message. I can still use the application but I still have to type in the serial number each time I want to use Carrara. What's the deal? How can this get fixed?

What computer platform are you using (Mac or Windows) and what OS version?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited December 1969

Right mouse click the Carrara icon on your desktop and select run as admin..

you only need to do this the once :-)

For Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 IP

runas_admin.jpg
    1010 x 788 - 223K
  • I'm running Mac OS X Yosemite. I guess the right click thing doesn't work for mac users. How can I run it as an admin using mac?

Post edited by Artistic Touch Multimedia Art and Design on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You may have to log in as a root user and launch Carrara and enter the serial number.

It's been a long time since I've had to run as a root user, and not in Yosimite, so you may have to check you OS X help files or Apple's knowledge base/support articles. The latest I have is Mavericks and I haven't needed to run as a root user.

• edited December 1969

yeah, this is strange. I never had this problem before. It's kind of messed up. Daz support should know what to do and have a handle on this. This is not an apple issue, it's Daz's Carrara software lack of update for the latest Mac OS X issue.

• fujikikoofujikikoo Posts: 1

I'm running Mac OS X Yosemite. I guess the right click thing doesn't work for mac users. How can I run it as an admin using mac?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited July 2016

Hi Marinelifepreserver,.

Welcome :)

It's the same on Mac and PC,.  and it's a Computer Operating Systems security issue,.

it's part of your computers operating system to restrict access to applications or important system files.

it's also something which most users realise is a pain,. fortunately it's a one time hit,.

get the serial number in,. and you're good to go

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Try going into System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, and setting Allow Apps dowwnoaded from Anywhere, and/or turn off the firewall.

It's a good six months since I did a complete reinstall, but I don't remember needing to do anything particularly complicated to get it to accept the serial number - I think the hardest bit was copy/pasting from my account page on Daz. Certainly no hokey "sudo" stuff etc. (El Capitan)