Any Tut for fixing Poke Throughs?

ilseturnbullilseturnbull Posts: 135
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm having this come up, a lot. Auto fix doesn't always come up, but even with it I'm getting poke throughs. Are there any tuts or instructions for things to do to fix them?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Depends a lot on what the item is, what you are fitting it to (is it on the figure it was intended for) and whether or not you are using smoothing and if so, is it set to actually collide with the figure.

• ilseturnbullilseturnbull Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Thank you mjc1016. The clothing is supposed to be for genesis, but it's not for the intended figure, plus I 'morped' it a wee bit. Autofit doesn't always come up. is there a way to access it?
    I'm going to look up smoothing and colliding- no idea what that is, though I think I saw smoothing in my library somewhere.

edited December 1969

I found the Apply Smoothing Modifier - and I got the following- The following nodes were unable to have a smooth modifier applied - I didn't find anything about colliding

I was using Aaron (young teens 5) and Pullover Genesis_1.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Smoothing needs to be on for Collision to be 'active'.

The reason I asked about figures/intended figure is AutoFit doesn't 'apply' for an item going on the figure it's intended for. In this case a Genesis item on Genesis won't trigger it...and since it is already 'fit' for Genesis shouldn't be needed.

The item you need to be looking for Smoothing (or applying it to) will be the Pullover. Select it in the Scene tab and then go up to Edit > Object > Geometry. If it doesn't already have it applied, then it should. Then in the Parameters you should see Smoothing Iterations, Collision Iterations and Collision object. You'll need to make sure that Genesis is the Collision Object (unless you have a shirt on Genesis, then collide with the shirt...).

edited December 1969

Thank you mjc1016 - I'll give that a try.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited December 1969

Have you tried Poke-Away?

edited December 1969

Haven't heard of it, MarcCCTx, I'll look into it.