Need to hire Daz Illustrator

jackquerayejackqueraye Posts: 1
edited April 2022 in Art Studio

Hello, I am enamored of Daz and all they offer. Unfortunately, my computer/Daz skills are inadequate. I have written a short story that I believe could be illustrated using Daz renders. You should know that my book is a non-traditional, Biblically-based story. If this subject matter is offensive to you ... in any way ... you would not enjoy working on this project. If you are familiar with the Serendipity books by Stephen Cosgrove (as illustrated by Robin James) in the 1980s you will understand our intended layout. (i.e. a page of text on the left followed by an illustration on the right - both visible to the reader at the same moment in time). Ms. James did beautiful, simple illustrations. We hope our illustrations will be more realistic in nature. You will need to create one principal, two secondary, and various minor characters which can be placed in various settings, in various positions, with varied expressions. These characters will be human (mostly male) and depicted in an angelic form (winged). You will also need to utilize various natural environments (i.e. mountains, trees, rivers, clouds, sunset, etc.). Finally, animals in their natural state of being ... especially domestic/household cats (felines). *** And you must create the "essence" of a life form. I can tell you my thoughts concerning this illustration; however, your knowledge and experience will exceed my own and you may have suggestions well worth consideration. The Daz elements are amazing ... I believe they can be used with little modification. We anticipate a need for 26-30 renders. If you are interested, please advise us of your fee. If hourly, please advise of your estimated time for the completion of a render. Finally, would you consider a lower personal fee in exchange for full (Probably photo enhanced) recognition as the illustrator on the book's protective sleeve?  Thank you. anyway.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Poser topic.

• Man. That's a massive ask for serious artists. You could be looking at a $1600 - $2000 deal, minimum. 

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556

@jackqueraye just sent you DM , if you still want the illustrator 

Thanks

• Hello, I deeply regret that the plans for the illustration of my small book have hit a snag. My deepest apologies, but I will be unable to hire anyone at this time. Thank you so very much for considering my project.

JRaye