Defuse map and displacement map tiling

ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi

Is there away to tile the diffuse map and displacement maps separately?

The example I am trying to do is using the supershader scales I bought from the store.

I would like to use them on a dinosaur model but in the diffuse channel instead of just a colour I want to put the texture map that came with the model and use the displacement with it.

The problem is I need to tile the displacement smaller but have the diffuse at its normal scale but when I change it they both change.

Cheers

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,551
    edited December 1969

You can create your own shader in Shader Mixer, or you can use this ready-made solution http://www.daz3d.com/tiler-shader-for-daz-studio

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2015

Hi,, I feel there was already same topic to use different tilling for each map,
    but I do not remember where I saw it clear,,, anyway it depend on the shader.

if the shaders are made by shader mixer, or daz default shader ,(then I do not know super shader,,:roll:
    if it is supersuit shaders, it is daz default shader, I think,,

you can import the shader blicks from scene,(to auto add Image map blick, apply texture for maps which you use)
    then just copy tyler blick and connect each image blick. you may better change tyler properties path,
    eg (Tiler/diffuse) or, change property name and labell.
    without it, you may not find which tyler properties for which map.

then re-apply your modify shader on surfaces.

But if the shader not made by shader mixer, some shader may not import correctly on shader mixer, I think.

Edit : I found some supersuit shader (mat preset) use ubersurface (omhuman surface)shader too,(sorry)
    then about this case,, you can not import shader to shader mixer :red:

If you do not like to tweaking shader mixer, (as same as I was,,, ^^;)
    you may need product shader or free shader (though I do not know,,) which offer individual tiling for each map.
    eg, Uber surface 2 can apply diferent tyling for two layer, then you may use second layer for displacement only, etc.
    But I have not played much with Uber surface 2 still,, then do not know clear,,

tyling.JPG
    1277 x 674 - 122K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

Cheers, decided to give the ready made one a go. seems to be what I need. Looks like lots of options to try out!