Using the Daz Dragon 3 -- Royal Eastern in Carrara

eponicaeponica Posts: 197
edited May 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hi again ^_^ I have been playing with the DD3 in Carrara and have run into a couple of problems. I used the DIM to install both the Dragon base and the Royal Eastern variant to the same library. The original dragon base loads, poses and textures just fine. But when I am using the Royal Eastern version and try to load one of its textures in Carrara, I got this message:

Error: node name://@selection/Dragon: not found
And something about not finding the object to import.

So I started up Studio, loaded and textured the Royal Eastern in there (which worked perfectly.) Then saved the scene from DS and opened it in Carrara. This time most of the texture did load on the figure, except for where the wings would go on the DD3 base... Importing rather than opening the scene gets the same results.

I am thinking the Royal Eastern might use some shading that is only compatible with DS...?

DSDragon3_in_Carrara.jpg
816 x 621 - 35K
Post edited by eponica on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

Looks like carraras geograft UV bug
    I do not have Eastern dragon, does it use geografts?
    If it does try Jonstarks workaround of hiding fitted grafts and conforming a second set to the grafts not the figure.

• eponicaeponica Posts: 197
    edited May 2015

Ah, thank you! I am not certain about the geografts, I do think the base DD3 figure does use them though. ^_^

Post edited by eponica on