File does not exist error

hastranhastran Posts: 0

Every time I try to load any figure or prop I get the following error

"could not open file   File does not exist"

daz error.jpg
420 x 133 - 11K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

How did you install your content and where are you trying to load them from, the Content Library -> DAZ Studio Formats or the 'Smart' Content?

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 440

hastran said:

Every time I try to load any figure or prop I get the following error

"could not open file   File does not exist"

Over the past several weeks, I’ve been uninstalling and reinstalling content that generate pop-up windows in Daz Studio because one or more files cannot be found.  I’m usually given the option of locating the missing file, skipping the missing file, or not looking for any additional missing files. The missing files issue was caused in large part by how I manually installed a lot of content from Renderosity or old content from the Daz store, Runtime DNA or Content Paradise.  In most cases, the missing files were not missing from my computer but in a location other than where the file for the product expected them to be.  Reinstalling content exactly as organized in the product zip folder solved that issue.

In a few cases, the content files had a path that stated with double forward slashes (“// …) instead on one (“/ …) but several had paths that would never work in Daz Studio, such as “/Download/Runtime/textures/ …” because there was no such directory path.  Initially, I created the bad directory path and moved folders and files into it to resolve the issue.  Lately, though, I have chosen to open the offending product file in Notepad and correct those lines in the file to the actual location of the folder/file.

The most annoying case was the one I encountered yesterday with a product file from a major Daz3D vendor (more than 150 products in the store) that I bought in December 2020.  It came with separate installers for Daz and for Poser.  The Daz scene file opened in Daz Studio with no issues.  The Poser scene file kept throwing missing file pop-up windows for textures and bump map files when I tried to open it in Daz Studio.  I had to correct more than 100 offending lines in the 64 Mb scene file.  All of those lines began with “"D:/Users/John/Documents/Poser Pro 2012 Content/Runtime/Textures/ …”

• I got the items back but I get this message. How can this be fixed?

Untitleddd.png
    1532 x 808 - 169K