Hard Drive Full. Move to Create 2nd Content Library?

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

It's finally happened. I've bought so much that my drive is full. I can download to another drive, but how do I ensure Daz can find the content? 

I'm on a older Mac Tower with slots for multiple drives. 

Is it best practices to keep content on the startup/softward drive (an SSD)?  Or move it to a larger internal drive?

Does anyone keep content on an external drive that can connected to different computers?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,160
    edited May 2022

It's best practice to absolutely NOT keep content on your boot drive. Move your whole dang library to the new drive and point DS to the new location and you should be good to go.

edit: to answer the last part of your question, I keep my content on a NAS, so even though I'm currently only using one computer for all my 3D applications, I could easily add a second one and have access to all my content.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

Thanks. I'll get starting moving to a new drive. Any tips on file setup? Or just move the whole "Shared" file (with Daz 3d/Installmanager, and MyDaz3dLibrary) to another drive?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,160

I created a Daz3D folder on my NAS (and the other drives I used before I got the NAS) with a Library folder for my content and an InstallManager folder for DIM. That's all that's really needed.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015

I keep the program on the laptop, "all" content on an external drive. Sometimes there's a little lag time while W10 wakes up the drive but aside from that, works well.