DForce STILL not working!

There was a discussion about this awhile back, but as for me I still haven't found a fix for it.

In short, I can no longer run a DForce Simulation, for unknown reasons.

I did submit a ticket, and did receive an initial reply, but its been awhile since I made a reply now, and I'm hoping my help request hasn't gotten lost among all the others.

So I'm asking here to see if anyone else has encountered the problem, and if they have found a fix for it yet.

I did get a initial reply, and it did mention that they have been getting a lot of complaints from users with AMD cards

These are the stats for my system:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

I admit to still being pretty new with Daz, mostly just a 'plug and play' kind of user.

I do know that several months ago DForce worked just fine.

I even followed the initial suggestions of dialing back the drivers for my card (tried several versions) to no effect, even tried installing an older version of Daz but it still wouldn't run.

I've attached the two errors I get whenever I try to run a simulation, if it could help.

Anyone else having this problem, and if you fixed it, how? (other than buying another video card, something WAY beyond my means....I bought this system primarily to do high quality [to me] renders, and play games with a higher resolution than I am used to ^_^)

Dforce Error 1.jpg
1913 x 1027 - 518K
Dforce Error 2.jpg
1910 x 1027 - 527K

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

Might have something to do with your system being completely AMD and not Nvidia. Iray only works with an Nvidia card for the GPU and falls back to the CPU to render. Not sure if that is part of dforce or not.

• FSMCDesigns said:

Might have something to do with your system being completely AMD and not Nvidia. Iray only works with an Nvidia card for the GPU and falls back to the CPU to render. Not sure if that is part of dforce or not.

Thanks for the reply.

Really not sure myself, all that I know is that when I first installed Daz on this system, it worked with no problem (although I didn't use Dforce a lot back then, as I was/am still pretty new to its use).

A couple of months ago it just stopped working, and I'm not sure if it had anything to do with updating my AMD drivers or updating Daz itself (as was said, I tried going back to earlier installations of both, to no effect).

I would really hate it if AMD cards can't use Dforce anymore.  I have a LOT of items that are meant to use it, and I haven't picked up some items I wanted because I might not be able to use them properly until this glitch is fixed.

• alaeriealaerie Posts: 5
    edited May 2022

It is an AMD problem. They dropped support for OpenCL :(
    Download this and install it: http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/12512/opencl_runtime_16.1.2_x64_setup.msi
    It is a Microsoft OpenCL driver for Intel-CPUs. But it works with my Ryzen 7 2700X. Hopefully with yours too :)
    After installation start Studio and switch the OpenCL Device from the generic AMD device to your CPU.

Post edited by alaerie on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,469

There are quite a few messages about AMD users having problems with dForce, but don't recall anyone coming back with a solution.

Maybe do a search for OpenCL here; https://community.amd.com/

• alaerie said:

It is an AMD problem. They dropped support for OpenCL :(
    Download this and install it: http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/12512/opencl_runtime_16.1.2_x64_setup.msi
    It is a Microsoft OpenCL driver for Intel-CPUs. But it works with my Ryzen 7 2700X. Hopefully with yours too :)
    After installation start Studio and switch the OpenCL Device from the generic AMD device to your CPU.

Thanks ^_^

I'll give it a try tomorrow (Graveyard Shifter, time to hit the sack), and let everyone know if it works.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

Note that that is a CPU driver, not a GPU driver - as far as I know AMD is still saying it has OpenCL support for its GPUs.

This https://bastibe.de/2021-12-04-fixing-amd-opencl-on-windows.html would be the fix for GPU. If someone wants to mess with the registry.

• @alaerie : Thanks again, finally made some time to test it, and it seems to work perfectly ^_^

Now to hunt down some YouTube videos on Dforce, as I'm still an amateur at its use, but at least it works now.

yes

And now have fun with exploding stuff... wink