Animation. Sci Fi Funk Episodes 12-14 thread. Teaser Pics and final animations.

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited May 2015 in Carrara Discussion

I'm done on 12 and 13, working on 14.

I thought I'd release them all at the same time, a kind of Sci Fi Funk mega day.

Atm working on the lighting for 14. Here is the processing area. Just needs people!

SF14---Welcome-Booth-TEASER.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited May 2015

Now with animated people!

SF14---Welcome-Booth-TEASER_2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

WIP of a massive scene to come. Still lining things up. Modeled / kit-bashed in Carrara, rendered in Octane via the plugin.

SFFunk_Teaser_1_June_2015.jpeg
    1920 x 1080 - 333K
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

WIP of a massive scene to come. Still lining things up. Modeled / kit-bashed in Carrara, rendered in Octane via the plugin.

Looks awesome!
    First thing I thought when Stonemason's new Old London set was released was: Hmmmm.....Sci Fi Funk's gonna get all over this! :)

edited December 1969

Looks awesome!
    First thing I thought when Stonemason's new Old London set was released was: Hmmmm.....Sci Fi Funk's gonna get all over this! :)

Thanks man.

I didn't even know there was a Streets of Old London set - but I do now!

This set was built a few years back for Episode 8 of Sci Fi Funk. What is new is that I've extended the scale and turned it around so that you see from East Gate leading back across the East End of London. It melts the machine (load / save times plus slow editing) but I never even thought I could do it - so to add this scene to the film is really pleasing.

I've been inspired to make an Arcade area now. Kitbashing of course ;)

edited June 2015

My Arcade on Night Club Row. Need to add (working) neon, night, fix the litter and of course ... PEOPLE!

Arcade_Close_up.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 477K
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

Great looking scenes, my kind of stuff. I just installed GTA5 on the PC (been playing it on the Xbox360), and it looks great, some of the scenes are similar to yours. It better look good after spending many hours just installing it, and that was from 7 DVD's! After installing all those, THEN it started downloading many more GB's ... but I'm looking forward to using the "video" editor, that actually captures much more than just the video out. More here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6GuHL4zcEA

• chris poolechris poole Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Looking good and looking forward to the next chapter. Bless

edited December 1969

Steve K - I bought GTA4 - Couldn't play the game due to all the swearing, but the free-style play - wow! Can't imagine how good 5 is. Yes buy it for movie making. :)

Chris - cheers. It's all in production right now. I spend every waking minute I'm allowed on the project. Average 50 hours a week. :)

edited December 1969

Neon!

SF_teaser_2_June_2015.jpeg
    1920 x 1080 - 228K
    edited December 1969

Neon!

Yes, very good. I'm a sucker for cityscapes, and generally the night shots are more impressive. You can put the lights where you want them, to emphasize whatever needs it.

• chris poolechris poole Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

Neon!

Love it. Bless

edited December 1969

Thanks guys. It's a long strip of night life "establishments" and an awful lot of neon to boot.

edited December 1969

An expansion of the Cyberpunk people set used here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKJkrhvNk0

SHOT_6_-_Arrive_at_the_Circuit_Station.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 327K
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Hi Steve !
    I don't leave a comment to each one of your publications, but I always follow your excellent work.
    I'm very impressed by the quality of your scenes but also by your assiduity to complete this very long work.
    All the best !

edited December 1969

Hi Steve !
    I don't leave a comment to each one of your publications, but I always follow your excellent work.
    I'm very impressed by the quality of your scenes but also by your assiduity to complete this very long work.
    All the best !

Hey DUDU. No worries - I recognize that everyone is busy and me posting pics is taking up your time (so they'd better be worth it!).

It great to get feedback now and again. Wish I could complete it tomorrow, but I can say after 5.5 years I've learned a number of shortcuts (mainly how to re-use).

Anyway onwards ... I'll keep posting images from time to time. Cheers!

edited December 1969

An expansion of the Cyberpunk people set used here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKJkrhvNk0

Good stuff, looks kind of ... English. :coolsmile:

(My wife & I really enjoyed the Tube on a vacation many years ago, we stayed near King's Cross. I recall a story several years back about the Circle Line being down for the summer. Sounds like a disaster. )

edited December 1969

Thanks Man.

So you've experienced the London Underground then?

I modelled/fudged the sign myself. I used to catch "The Tube" myself every work day in the 80s. The film is set in London, so trying to keep it vaguely English even though I'm mainly working with models created on a New York / US City style.

:)

edited December 1969

So you've experienced the London Underground then?

I modelled/fudged the sign myself. I used to catch "The Tube" myself every work day in the 80s. The film is set in London, so trying to keep it vaguely English even though I'm mainly working with models created on a New York / US City style.

:)

The sign looks good, those signs were the only way we navigated in London. The streets are like a maze ...

Yes, we had a special tourist travel pass that covered the Tube and the connecting trains out to ... Zone 5? Something like that. We had to buy it before we left the US, so I talked to a UK person in a US office. He said he was from Scotland, so I joked (?), "Ah, the other side of Hadrian's Wall." Trying to show my UK smarts. He said, "Right, the side that was winning." :coolsmile:

Lots of good English tourist attractions, like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/cnsnge6

edited December 1969

Never been there!

Passes are good. I used to get them when I was working in London, and then travel into London for weekend entertainment - for free. Woo hoo!

Around that time I moved to Bournemouth, passed my driving test and then determined to drive through London navigating via the tube stations! (I knew them so well then, and of course the entrances are ground level).

Anyway back to 3D I see the recent Stonemason set has a Big Ben model included. :)

edited December 1969

Anyway back to 3D I see the recent Stonemason set has a Big Ben model included. :)

Yes, I have been big Stonemason fan, but "The Streets Of Old London" is available only in "DS 4.7" format, something I'm leery of in Carrara. I've had trouble with that combination, I think it was the "DAZ Barn". I got it loaded but the doors didn't slide, etc. I've never understood all the non-Poser, non-Carrara formats: DUF, DSON Importer, and now this product has a "General Installer". First time I've seen that. Like a Tower of Babel ... :coolmad:

(Yes, I'm running C8.5 Pro)

edited June 2015

Steve K said:

Yes, I have been big Stonemason fan, but "The Streets Of Old London" is available only in "DS 4.7" format, something I'm leery of in Carrara. I've had trouble with that combination, I think it was the "DAZ Barn". I got it loaded but the doors didn't slide, etc. I've never understood all the non-Poser, non-Carrara formats: DUF, DSON Importer, and now this product has a "General Installer". First time I've seen that. Like a Tower of Babel ... :coolmad:

(Yes, I'm running C8.5 Pro)

Yeah it's a bummer. I'm stuck on 8.1 until this series is complete. So not even a DUF importer is available.

It means work which means I'm unlikely to use it much, except you can import the object files and fiddle with those. I might be tempted for a large scene I'm planning ....