Mimic

Got Mimic for years but never used it until yesterday.
Pretty funny thing with octane but as it's a bit older, i only got configuration files for V4 and lower, does anybody knows if the config file for V4 will also works on Genesis or Genesis 2? Or do i have to manually set it up for Genesis figures?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

look in your library under general / Mimic Configuration files

most of them are there, all the genesis have their own separate ones, 1,2 3, 8, 8.1

• Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited May 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

look in your library under general / Mimic Configuration files

most of them are there, all the genesis have their own separate ones, 1,2 3, 8, 8.1

Maybe i should download the latest version, don't know how old mine is but the latest figure is V4.

Edit:

Stupid question but where can i get the newest Version? DIM doesn't seem to work when i try to login, Daz Central won't show any Carrara related stuff in my Libary.
    Can't download the latest Version of Mimic manually.

Edit 2:

updating DIM did worked.

Post edited by Chris Fox Art on

don't ever use DAZ central and Connect if you use Carrara surprise

it is actually in the starter essentials for each base figure

• Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited May 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

don't ever use DAZ central and Connect if you use Carrara surprise

it is actually in the starter essentials for each base figure

where does the files got stores? Checked my Daz Libary, Runtime and so on but nothing found. The only config files for Mimic was stored in the program files for Carrara itself.

A search in the libary did the trick, found dmc's for Skye, Gen2 and Gen3, thanks! :)

Post edited by Chris Fox Art on

yes above the runtime folder level under general as I said

depending on where you installed it, 

mine is I:\My DAZ 3D Library\General\Mimic Configs for example on my Win10 PC but F:\DAZcontent\General\Mimic Configs on my Win7

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

to add - you're looking for something like a Victoria4.dmc, V4.dmc, and/or V4.2.dmc sort of file - all about 800K (from memory, or maybe 535K?), and located in often odd places called .../dzmimic/Configuration_Files, or similar.

They are text files, and can be copied/renamed/moved to the preferred (default) location any of your mimic-savvy tools, where you can browse for them and use them within your tool.

(also this goes for Michael4.dmc as well...)

I somehow recall that the DAZ and Carrara mimic versions of the Victoria4.dmc (or equiv) files weren't exactly the same, so someone may have an opinion on which one was best. Not positive about this though.

(clear as mud?)

--ms

yes you may need DAZ studio 32bit to get some of them in the plugins folder as there for the lipsync function which is not licensed for 64bit

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

As well, if I remember correctly, WendyLuvsCatz posted a method for using an existing .dmc as a template to create .dmc files for custom characters or characters that don't have their own. It's also useful for being able to alter the amount each more is used, in case you want to exaggerate or subdue the morphs for toonier or more subtle characters. I've used it from time to time and it's very useful. Thanks, Wendy!

-- Walt Sterdan

yes and I have been forced to edit the default dmc in notepad for a few Poser characters that simply crash Mimic too, using Mimic Pro is easier though when you can.