iCLONE 3dxCHANGE 6.0 is available to purchase at RL.

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited May 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Great news... the iclone 3dxchange 6.0 is released at RL.
This application will open major pathways for working with Iclone and Daz3d applications content.

I got the pipeline version for a good price. Better than I imagined it would be.

http://www.reallusion.com/iClone/3DXchange.html

All of the followiing items are available with pipeline version...
Note* The only export options from the pro version is OBJ files

Bring in 3D models to iClone as 3D Props
- 3DS, OBJ, SKP for static models
- FBX for animated 3D props with multiple motion clips
(Please take note that only 3DXchange PRO and Pipeline support FBX, the Standard version does not.)
Bring in bi-ped characters and make them ready for iClone iMotion
- one-click characterization for bone-skin characters
- one-click profile for Human IK, Biped, or DAZ Genesis 2 rig
Bring in non-human characters and their corresponding motion clips
- animals, creatures, etc
Facial Rig for Lip-sync and Facial Puppet Animation
- full facial bone/morph mapping
Import human motion files
- BVH, FBX and motion capture data
- Retarget motion for different body-scale characters
Export 3D Models
- OBJ (static object, replace mesh, paint & sculpt, create face morph data)
Export Character and Motion
- BVH (motion data)
- FBX (bone-skin character, motion data, multi-material data)
Merge Identical for 3D models composed with multiple meshes sharing identical materials
Interactive lighting & 4 Scene Mode selection
Scene Tree Show / Hide
Content Export License - only for Pipeline version users

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Was kind of waiting for this, I believe I need the Pipeline version to be able to export so I can bring back to Carrara for rendering. Looks like it's $299 right now over at the reallusion site, and I can pick up iclone pro here at Daz currently for a little over $100, so for around $400 I can put Iclone in my pipeline, set up animations and partial dynamic clothing physics in iclone, export to Carrara to add strand dynamic hair and refine the animation, then render in Octane, which seems like the best of all possible worlds. But more than a bit pricey, even with the current sales (though if I hesitate and miss the sales, it will jump back up to regular price which is very high indeed... Dilemma... )

I wish Pipeline was part of any of the bundles here at Daz, they are currently all on sale. But sadly it looks like not.

• rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
    edited May 2015

I suggest you think and read very carefully.

The Pro version of 3dxchange Pro allows OBJ export from IClone.

You can import SKP, OBJ, FBX into Iclone using 3dxchange.

If the pipeline version had been $499 as advertised I would have used the pro version of 3dxchange.

Exporting from iclone in OBJ can import into Carrara and then Carrara could export through 3dxchange using fbx, or obj into iclone.

In other words, I think the Pro version can cover alot of needs.

I suggest you look carefully at iclone content, as I think most of it doesn't compare to Daz3d content quality.

Entry into IClone is expensive (IMO). If you are into video production you will not find a better application.

I have been waiting very patiently for the release of the 3dXchange 6 application.

It will make my video productions higher quality, because I can use more Daz content.

I can now use content items from Iclone and export to Carrara to edit. Then I can export from Carrara back into Iclone do some exciting things that was not possible before.

I use decimator tool to change polys. Iclone works better for dressed characters at around 35,000 to 50,000 polys.
    Huge poly numbers are just not workable in Iclone for video production. IMO

The Kinect MoCap is supposed to be improved, if you are into that. I have the MoCap software, but gave up on earlier releases.

There are some efficient motion building tools in IClone. Pretty amazing what you can do for building animations when you learn the tools.
    Carrara sequencer/ timeline does not compare with more simplified IClone timeline.

I haven't paid attention to iclone offers in daz3d shop, because I own all the items.
    Reallusion does offer very good pricing on new releases as a rule, so you might want to create an account. at RL. You only give credit card info when you purchase something.

Post edited by rampart_1576840087 on
    edited December 1969

Can .obj format include animations? I've always associated it with static models. If OBJ files can include the animation information of how the OBJ changes over time, then it sounds like I wouldn't need Pipeline but Pro could suffice. I was pretty sure I needed Pipeline for the FBX export option.

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

I have the 3D exchange pro version 5. Do we get a discount upgrade price for that? When I bought it, it promised a version for V.6.

edited December 1969

I double checked the features page over at Reallusion and it seems to specify that the OBJ export In Pro is for model export, not animation/motion. I'm pretty certain I need Pipeline instead of Pro (sadly, because I would have liked to save a few dollars :) ) Still I'm seriously considering going ahead with it. I think it would mean switching to mainly using Genesis whereas up til now I've preferred V4/M4.

edited December 1969

I have the 3D exchange pro version 5. Do we get a discount upgrade price for that? When I bought it, it promised a version for V.6.

Their site does not make it easy to tell what's needed to get from there to here (so to speak). The pricing page for 3dxchange is http://www.reallusion.com/store/purchase_3dx.aspx and it looks like there is an upgrade price for both Pro and Pipeline, but I'm having real trouble telling what you need to start from to take advantage of the discount. If you start with Pro ver 5 and want to upgrade to Pipeline ver 6, is it the same upgrade price as if you were upgrading from Pipeline ver 5 to Pipeline ver 6? Or maybe the upgrade price for Pipeline ver 6 is only applicable for those who have Pro ver 6.... or maybe the upgrade is for anyone who has any version of 3dxchange ever... it's hard to tell.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

If you bought 3dx5 in last 30 days you get it free I think dep on which version you bought ie pipeline =pipeline etc
    otherwise same price for all.
    Pipeline 6 will get more features added at a later date.
    So far it does what 5 did but for 6, I exported Heidi with iMotions animated to Carrara 8.5 but no softbody I assume that is one of the later additions.
    The cat prop had to be resaved as FBX in UUW3D or joints all broke but after it too worked.
    I can get higher poly DAZ stuff into iClone than before, tried a few that ran out of memory in 3dx5 but one still failed but it was a very highpoly LAMH geometry conversion indeed!

edited December 1969

Wendy do you mean that you were able to export the animation of the character into Carrara ok but the dynamic clothing didn't export and it was just static/conforming upon arrival? Just want to make sure I understood what you were referring to.

edited December 1969

yes exactly that
    but do believe it will be possible with later update

edited December 1969

Well razzafrazz it (grumble grumble) that's one of the main things I liked about iclone... I'm certain they will want to get that functionality fixed and from what I understand the devs for iclone are pretty speedy about getting things done, hopefully they'll get the dynamic cloth function exportable too and fairly soon.

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    II think it would mean switching to mainly using Genesis whereas up til now I've preferred V4/M4.

Not really. You can still use V4/M4, but you have to re-target manually. Only about 12 bones minimum. It's not hard. And you only have to do it once, because you can save the profile. Genesis is re-targeted automatically.
    V4.png
    981 x 721 - 187K
    edited December 1969

I actually use a lot of M3 and V3 characters in iClone too, you need to manually do all the morphs in expression editor too to use in iClone but I find they actually use less resources inspite of being higher poly.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
    edited May 2015

I think the latest word on that is if you bought 3DX 5 after March 29, they will update you to version 6

Post edited by ProPose on