Importing from Daz4.20 to Unreal Engine 5 results in Muddy textures..

I am currently using Daz to Unreal Bridge ver.5.0.0.75.

No texture pool stream warnings, and texture pool steaming has been disabled. The low res texture and UV seams continue to appear on both Gen8 and 8.1 models. 

Attached is a copy of the actual detail that should be seen on the leggings. 

FuglySeams.png
2298 x 1880 - 6M
Issue1.png
1141 x 928 - 1M
Issue2.png
1851 x 1535 - 7M
ExampleofTexturePattern.png
1141 x 928 - 1M

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2022

Cordella said:

No texture pool stream warnings, and texture pool steaming has been disabled. The low res texture and UV seams continue to appear on both Gen8 and 8.1 models. 

it's seens to be the old "texture stream" issue from unreal where you need to increase the memory usage for texture in unreal, try to use this

remember it will use your video card memory then try to not use values above your memory card max or too close to it otherwise it would make it "hard on the video card".

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • CordellaCordella Posts: 9

Ellessarr said:

Cordella said:

it's seens to be the old "texture stream" issue from unreal where you need to increase the memory usage for texture in unreal, try to use this

remember it will use your video card memory then try to not use values above your memory card max or too close to it otherwise it would make it "hard on the video card".

As I mentioned in the OP. I actually disabled texture stream and the poor resolution textures are still there. I have also tested other settings such as r.Streaming.PoolSize 1  r.Streaming.PoolSize 20000 and r.Streaming.PoolSize 5000

In addition, I have gone into the Project DefaultEngine ini configue settings to make the changes were stored and then I restarted the project to ensure the changes would activate and still nothing works. 

• Cordella said:

Ellessarr said:

Cordella said:

As I mentioned in the OP. I actually disabled texture stream and the poor resolution textures are still there. I have also tested other settings such as r.Streaming.PoolSize 1  r.Streaming.PoolSize 20000 and r.Streaming.PoolSize 5000

In addition, I have gone into the Project DefaultEngine ini configue settings to make the changes were stored and then I restarted the project to ensure the changes would activate and still nothing works. 

If the low-quality textures persist after you have allocated more/unlimited memory to the streaming pool size, one possibility is that your hardware does not in fact have enough memory to render the textures. This is where it may become beneficial to know what GPU you are using.

• I am getting the same issue on a card with 20 gigs of vram and no texture stream issues. Something is broken.