looking for: Mystique from Xmen - movie version - skin

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, i KNOW it exists, but every deviantart artist that used it, writes something along the line "I can't remember where i got it"

http://yoklmn.deviantart.com/art/Mystique-95343215

Here's an example. I want exactly that skin from the picture.
From what I've read it was a freebie somewhere, but google didn't turn up anything, also searched through several deviantart pictures with it and followed some pointers in comments to different sites that all are down or don't have it.

Help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moving this to the Commons as it is a request for, not an offer of, a freebie

• edited December 1969

Oh sorry, didn't realize it, posted another request in the commons some days ago and wanted to do that too. Guess i got caught up with my own search for it and landed in the freebies forum.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936
    edited December 1969

It looks like the one I have. It is a set of PSD files to create textures for V4 which can be applied in the material room/surfaces tab.

I have the file named as 'Female Super Villiain' and it is by an artist called web_wizard. He has lots of freebies over at Renderosity but this is not one of them. The link to his home site is dead. I am sure he used to post at ShareCG but all trace of any files there are gone that I can see.

In his ReadMe files there is an email address, download one of his files from Rendo and pop him an email, maybe he can supply the file (ReadMe says no redistribution).

Unless someone with better searching abilities than me can find a link of course.

• edited December 1969

thanks, have to check that out. It's possible that it wasn't free, i just got that from messages that i found, cause they pointed to homepages, that looked like they had freebies, but it was never too clear which one was the original source.

edited December 1969

Definitely free but it looks like the original web source has gone so going to the original artist direct may save you a lot of time.

• edited December 1969

here's hoping that the e-mail still is active :)

edited December 1969

Just checked and in the replies to the pic you posted is this link

http://www.sharecg.com/v/9459/view/6/Texture/Mys

Not the one I have but wanted to make sure you had seen it.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited August 2012

I would've liked that texture too as it's gorgeous. I even tried the WayBackMachine, but they didn't have an archive of his site. Oh well. :long:

Post edited by Miss B on
  • edited December 1969

I saw that other skin, though it wasn't fitting V4, but since you said yours is psd, I guess i have to look into fitting the skin to the model anyway.
    Well guess i just have to wait if i get a reply and @Miss B, if i do get a positive reply, i will write it here