Hair I am

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have a few hairy questions and do not wish to derail the existing hair threads as it seems unique to me.

Firstly Enchanted hair loads fine on V4 but if I use a multishader ball and or consolidate duplicate shaders remove unused shaders it springs wildly all over her body instead of on her scalp.
I suspect a distribution/density map shader is hiding somewhere that gets removed doing this but not found it.

PhilW's proxy my second problem
she used to fit V4, have had her a long time maybe she has been updated or my V4 is loading differently but she no longer fits is shorter conformed or not.
I did not ever conform her, just used same animation on both in same position and hid her model mesh after sim then loaded V4, it may be just C8.5 too and the animations I use which are meant for V6.

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

I have a few hairy questions and do not wish to derail the existing hair threads as it seems unique to me.

Firstly Enchanted hair loads fine on V4 but if I use a multishader ball and or consolidate duplicate shaders remove unused shaders it springs wildly all over her body instead of on her scalp.
    I suspect a distribution/density map shader is hiding somewhere that gets removed doing this but not found it.

PhilW's proxy my second problem
    she used to fit V4, have had her a long time maybe she has been updated or my V4 is loading differently but she no longer fits is shorter conformed or not.
    I did not ever conform her, just used same animation on both in same position and hid her model mesh after sim then loaded V4, it may be just C8.5 too and the animations I use which are meant for V6.

Hi Wendy, Not sure I have any answers for you, but the V4 proxy figure that I did has not been updated (although it is not perfect).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

Actually I may have answers to my second question
    the animation I used was for V4 and included morphs, judging by her assets it includes body morphs so she may well be shorter too.
    I may be able to inject morphs ++ into the proxy with morphing clothes so the animations match
    is ok Phil, just wondered as she did match before but not used her in C8.5 before.

edited December 1969

I am currently (on and off) working on a head, neck and chest proxy that can be parented to any figure, rather than going the conforming route. By growing hair on the proxy head, you can then have that style on any figure and make it animate OK.

edited December 1969

I just tried reproducing the first part of your question, as I have Enchanted Hair, but couldn't get any issues with adding new shaders, removing unused ones and consolidating shaders, the hair looked just the same.

edited December 1969

I just made this test of Carrara dynamic hair, made in Carrara and rendered in Octane at just over 1 min per frame. As this was inspired by Wendy's dancing animations, I thought I would mention it here!
    https://youtu.be/0oIxv_fhi7Q