Old Platinum Club Items - New, Much Higher Price

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has anyone else noticed that a bunch of old items that used to be $1.99 with the Platinum Club are now really expensive?

I had the Aquilus & Brutus texture set for (Freak) Hercules on my "to get" list forever -- but they kept slipping to other things.

Today, I finally ran into a render that I needed a gray/silver belt for. I thought "Wasn't there one for Hercules?" Sure was, but I didn't remember to buy it.

Now, checking the items, they're $10!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/aquilus-for-hercules
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/brutus-for-hercules

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change to the Platinum Club items? If they're just slow restoring the PC stuff to what it used to be, or what?

Thoughts & info appreciated!

-- Steve

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2012

AQUILUS is 1.99 for me other is not loading
    Brutus finally loaded and is 1.99 as well

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I see them as $1.99. Have you cleared your cache? On the topic of higher prices I saw someone elsewhere commenting that the sale prices weren't that great because items used to be significantly cheaper years ago before they were discounted. So now we're getting sales on inflated base prices.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Has anyone else noticed that a bunch of old items that used to be $1.99 with the Platinum Club are now really expensive?

I had the Aquilus & Brutus texture set for (Freak) Hercules on my "to get" list forever -- but they kept slipping to other things.

Today, I finally ran into a render that I needed a gray/silver belt for. I thought "Wasn't there one for Hercules?" Sure was, but I didn't remember to buy it.

Does anyone know if this is a permanent change to the Platinum Club items? If they're just slow restoring the PC stuff to what it used to be, or what?

-- Steve

You are not showng up as a PC member.. If your membership is up to date then you will need to file a support ticket with sales, giving them the details of the last payments made for subs (you should be able to see the details on your accounf page, under "my subscriptions"
  • edited December 1969

chohole said:

-- Steve

You are not showng up as a PC member.. If your membership is up to date then you will need to file a support ticket with sales, giving them the details of the last payments made for subs (you should be able to see the details on your accounf page, under "my subscriptions"

I'm paid up for another year. (My account page confirms that. I added a year last December or so, though my sub runs through July.)

It's odd, though, I got a message saying I'd un-subbed from the mailing lists within the last day -- though I hadn't done so. It coincided with a conversation I was having with sales support about something else. So I thought maybe someone pressed the wrong button when working on my stuff.

Maybe someone pressed a _really_ wrong button. :-/

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

because items used to be significantly cheaper years ago

I don't think I am buying that one. Mostly because prices use to be significantly higher on pretty much every thing years ago. Prices overall have dropped through the years. Especialy if you look at how much larger products tend to be these days. Looking at some of the older products in the market here I actually think the prices have been dropped from what they were when I started here.

• edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I see them as $1.99. Have you cleared your cache? On the topic of higher prices I saw someone elsewhere commenting that the sale prices weren't that great because items used to be significantly cheaper years ago before they were discounted. So now we're getting sales on inflated base prices.

Apparently, in this case, it's a previously undiscovered account problem.

I wonder how long it's been going on. (Certainly, I didn't do anything to cause it.)

But I have noticed, too, that the current sale prices are not as good as previous ones -- though maybe some of this is because my Platinum Club account got someone deactivated.

(This whole switch-over to the new system has really sucked. I liked the old system, club, discounts, vouchers, etc. much better.)

• edited December 1969

And, yes, I've submitted a support ticket to straighten out the club membership issue.

Thanks to everyone who answered. It's the only way I discovered I had a problem with my club membership.

Feel free to keep discussing, though. :-)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

make sure you are logged in while browsing the store

• edited December 1969

make sure you are logged in while browsing the store

Always do. Otherwise, I know I get crappy prices.

Since an admin says I'm not showing up as a club member, I'm taking his/her word for it.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    because items used to be significantly cheaper years ago

I don't think I am buying that one. Mostly because prices use to be significantly higher on pretty much every thing years ago. Prices overall have dropped through the years. Especialy if you look at how much larger products tend to be these days. Looking at some of the older products in the market here I actually think the prices have been dropped from what they were when I started here.

I was sceptical myself but they provided proof, they were primarily talking about older products.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

And, yes, I've submitted a support ticket to straighten out the club membership issue.

Thanks to everyone who answered. It's the only way I discovered I had a problem with my club membership.

Feel free to keep discussing, though. :-)

I got zapped with this thing as well. The "unsubscribe" bug is due to something in giving store credit that also unsubscribes from the mailing list. It happened to me once, but I just resubscribed that mailing list and all was good.

This week, I asked for store credit again, got that "unsubscribe" for mailing list, shrugged, resubscribed, and 20 minutes later noticed that my PC membership was kaboom.

I have left a bug report and asked Britney to forward it to whoever is in charge of development. I personally suspect that there may be some variable confusion in some function, since mailing list is "Newsletter subscriptions" and PC is under "My subscriptions"...

• edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I got zapped with this thing as well. The "unsubscribe" bug is due to something in giving store credit that also unsubscribes from the mailing list. It happened to me once, but I just resubscribed that mailing list and all was good.

This week, I asked for store credit again, got that "unsubscribe" for mailing list, shrugged, resubscribed, and 20 minutes later noticed that my PC membership was kaboom.

I have left a bug report and asked Britney to forward it to whoever is in charge of development. I personally suspect that there may be some variable confusion in some function, since mailing list is "Newsletter subscriptions" and PC is under "My subscriptions"...

So, if you ask for a refund, you get kicked out of the club and unsubscribed?

Yow. That seems harsh. (Though it's exactly what just happened to me.)

Doesn't seem very good for business, either -- though, of course, you get rid of all those pesky customers who want refunds. ;-)

DAZ, y'all ought to put your best folks on fixing this ASAP.

• edited December 1969

For what it's worth...

I just got another refund this morning (part of an ongoing issue), and _immediately_ after, got another UN-subscription notice. I suspect if my Platinum Club membership had been fixed, it would have been UN-fixed, too.

Here's the message I just got after the refund:

DAZ 3D

You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter.

You may manage your subscriptions at any time through your "My Account" page under the Newsletter Subscription menu.

If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at [email protected] or call us at 801.495.1777.

Thank you,
    The DAZ Team

DAZ -- You guys really need to fix the programming that's causing this. No way I want to re-subscribe to the newsletters or fix the Platinum Club every time I ask for a refund.

• edited December 1969

Oh, and the e-mail given in that letter to contact if you have problems...?

It bounces when I try to use it to report the problem.

Anyone else feel like they're caught in CATCH 22?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

For what it's worth...

I just got another refund this morning (part of an ongoing issue), and _immediately_ after, got another UN-subscription notice. I suspect if my Platinum Club membership had been fixed, it would have been UN-fixed, too.

Here's the message I just got after the refund:

DAZ 3D

You are now unsubscribed from the DAZ newsletter.

You may manage your subscriptions at any time through your "My Account" page under the Newsletter Subscription menu.

If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at [email protected] or call us at 801.495.1777.

Thank you,
    The DAZ Team

DAZ -- You guys really need to fix the programming that's causing this. No way I want to re-subscribe to the newsletters or fix the Platinum Club every time I ask for a refund.

I get those after refunds as well... >:(

• edited December 1969

And... It took a while, but they ended up re-activating my Platinum Club account, and now the prices are all fine. Well, back within reason, anyway.

I hope they fix this refund = dumped from the mailing lists and maybe from the PC as well.

Soon.

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure this out.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

this just happened to me too argh. At least I noticed it quickly since I read what happened to you.

• edited December 1969

this just happened to me too argh. At least I noticed it quickly since I read what happened to you.

Glad my misery did some good. ;-)