IceScribe's Efforts in Art

2»

Comments

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

Heh, just picked up "The Cat Collection" by Sylvan in the DAZ for A Day sale. More cat stuff than cats! Very amusing. It's been so hot, my keyboard begins to get hot to touch. Takes hours to cool down, so I completely shut down so not much 'art' going on. Starting another project that is not so much "memory" or "magical", other than the that of kindness. It's a couple sitting low to the ground, holding a puppy. Sounds ordinary, but the photographer captured that emotion I want to try to reproduce in a render. 

Heh, just picked up "The Cat Collection" by Sylvan in the DAZ for A Day sale. More cat stuff than cats! Very amusing. The Cat Collection | Daz 3D

It's been over 90+, at which temp my keyboard keys actually begin to get hot to touch. Not much "art" going on. I have another project in mind. It's not a memory, it's from a photograph. The photographer was able to capture a moment that stuck with me and I want to try to reproduce that feeling. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,410

IceScribe said:

First resized to a larger image with some major cropping, then postwork with some filters using Corel PaintShop Pro 2022. I like the atmosphere better. As in writing, sometimes there are things that seem 'precious', but have to be pruned out. I like the mood better in this version. Elements from Jackson's Field by TangoAlpha/DAZ,  Under the Bridge/DAZ, Cookware Set by SloshWerks/DAZ, Clarvox Radio by 3D Classics, Summer Day HDRI by Orestes, June 1&2 by DesparateDreamer, Char Hair by goldtassel, Krayon Hair by goldtassel, Casual Springtime by Ryverthorn/DAZ

Hiya, I like that render a lot - kind of unfortunate now that the forums are not including pictures in the posts anymore - I mean the one where we see the girls from behind, right? It's a really interesting perspective and nicely balanced. Also like the overall impression a lot, the haziness of it all, suggests the heat of the day really well I think. Cool! 

edited July 2022

see again. Ok, I didn't know attachments of renders was discontinued. I don't find any mention of this, except from tsroemi's comment here. Thank you @tsroemi. I've tried the Versluis method to paste image url here with the larger render of the two girls facing away.  One must click on the thumbnail to bring up the original size.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/utility/thumbnail/1541491/FileUpload/c9/817e139907ef79853e1c6fff377b06.jpg

BikiniMemorySoftensharpdeno.jpg
    1210 x 946 - 618K
    Post edited by IceScribe on

Not been working on DAZ much. The computer keys get so hot! But I've picked up a few ideas that I think I can work with.

edited July 2022

I'm doing some sketches. I let the figures and props inform me. I chose to use Ludmilla as she has different features. Not odd, just not typical Genesis. Really just playing with it. I tried some "expressions" from a package. Yikes! so I just return to using mostly eyes and mouth tweaks. A little neck twist, a head tilt. I wanted to show delight, and a kind of silly embarrassment at winning the crown on a breezy day. I toned down the dual lobe doodah on the skin so it didn't look rubbery. Turned off gloss for inner mouth. Less distracting. Well, these were renders I worked on, about a dozen, inching towards the goal. Hairs are Dax and Voss. 

1st render medium hair

2nd render with long hair

LudmillaA.jpg
    622 x 677 - 371K
    Ludmilla2Long.jpg
    622 x 677 - 383K
    edited July 2022

I was playing with some old lightning emissive lights. Don't work anymore. This is how I found out that NVIDIA changed something so no more emissive lights. I've looked at the workarounds. Not sure it will work at all with "lightning". I had to raise the brightness/contrast in PaintShop but the lightning is just dim scratches. I meant to illuminate the figure's face. I think I have some Lightning brushes. I was remembering a schoolmate who was struck by lightning on her way home. She had a burn, but was okay. Hair's not correct on the right. Looks like an owl. Hand placement not correct. Well it's just a sketch. 

ludmillasweaterNOEmissiveLightning.jpg
    581 x 677 - 368K

Too hot to use my computer going on nearly 3 weeks 90+ days with at least another week predicted. I avoided DAZ as I overspent in the last 2 sales. But, today, I saw KindredArts and RavenLoor ghost lights kit which looks like it will replace the ghost light meshes that were disabled by the new rendering doodad, so I'll try that out. Have been looking for inspiration in off times. Have some pictures I'd like to work in DAZ.  I'm wilting, inside is cooler than outside. I've lost several plants and some trees looking poorly to the sheer dominance of heat and glaring sunlight. The ground is so dry, it repels watering, and the old moisture test of poking the ground which is so hard it actually hurts to poke it, but its moot, since we have water restrictions, and stricter ones coming next month. Banner over my DAZ shopping screen says Get $5 by referring a friend. As I mentioned when I first started in this forum, I do not know anyone IRL that would be interested in anythig DAZ. Some don't understand my renders, and what I go through to achieve them.  Some of my friends like Wordle, I haven't  a clue about that. I've been casually looking at artful nature scenes, and noting certain lights, like god rays in a forest. Well, just checking in and reminding myself there is a lot of fun ahead.

Middle of 2023. Among many other Real Life challenges, finally had to get a new computer. And Windows 11, and DAZ Studio 4.21. Lots of learning curves. I ordered the new computer but indicated I did not want the One Cloud. But the day after I started up my new computer, the latest upgrade was required, and installed that Hydra One Cloud on my machine. Its tentacles are every where in my system, taking the default place, and even after deletion, unininstalling, more deletion, it sucked up my desktop making it nice and shiny. I was appalled to find this shiny empty screen as I store working graphics in folders for postworking on the desktop just like an actual desktop. It's like the housekeeper came in and tidied up my desk so it's clean but I cannot find out where she put my stuff. I'm finally up to try some rendering. 

Spring wilted from a pleasant 72F 2 days ago, and it's blazing hot suddenly. 92F. My a/c died, and getting the old one out is not going to be easy. So fan it is.  I have done some renders, mostly sketches with my new computer. But, reloading many of my assests, they have  ballooned in space. After a long horrible year last year, my head was more in problem solving and project management for some necessary renovation. Ugh~ stress, stress and more stress. My mind went into that mode but at the expense of creativity. So I'm just testing out some G8 and G9 which, with wardrobes eat a lot of space. So, I'm trying to use the other brain hemisphere again. So much to relearn, like how to move a posed LAMH animal. I forgot what keeps the fur on, and so far can't find an answer. I have collected most of the available (to me) cat figures, DAZ, AM, Hivewire, and Vyusur. So that's taken up time from rendering. I still want to pursue the 'magic realism' which for me tends towards hyper realism than surrealism. I've discovered several artists "out there" whose work interests me and inspires me. But, I got stymied by that darn fur. i'll figure it out. I think I may try rendering layers and compositing them in my editor. Anyway, I "got wheels" as my dad used to say, and I'm "rarin' to go".  Attached is a quick render of the 3d cat figure Zeus by Vyusur. I just can't move it without the fur detaching.

ZeusStrikesPose.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 155K
    edited July 2023

I just want to feel that same awe as when I looked at Art of my choice, not of my parents or teachers, nor my friends. But I like to think that age has little to do with Art.  Sure popular subjects and styles continue onward, yet, I have discovered some fantastic contemporary artists in the genre of hyper realism, but I dare say, because of the topic of their paintings do verge on Magic Realisn, to me. Why does that genre fascinate me? It's more real than surreal. I'm not a fan of Chagall's works, and preferred Dali's painstakingly realism to his dream content. But, I also like Norman Rockwell's work, Andrew and N.C. Wyeth, and others in that vein. I like the 'normal' tinged with a bit of mystery, of inconguity, of the presence of spirit, not bizarre or grotesque, so no Bosch either. I like that moment when doing something ordinary, but something in perception shifts, the world is glimpsed differently, even if others don't notice. Yeah, that particular. Meanwhile, I stare at the DAZ studio window, and wonder for inspiration. I get going, and "thwap" something doesn't work or is missing or just plain crashes. I get tired. And, that is a very serious thing. I used to fire up with goodly amounts of coffee, but now I'm told by doc to severely cut back. It's like trying to remember something just near my eye, but it's dim. But I'll keep on, with a pillow nearby. Here's attached a sketch render of Victoria 9 with Cowboy braids in Edritch shirt. Ack, pose taken from a DAZ vendor, but I forgot to note it. I will. Oh, that's not Edritch shirt, texture too smooth. It's from a cowboy outfit. See, old.

v9adventureoutfit.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 315K

My DAZ studio has stopped opening. I know what the issue is, and I'm trying to work my way backwards to remove a lot of redundant material and to retrace folder paths. Have spent so much time fiddling about with issues that were not caused by me. So only dreams, not art.

Well, there was  a problem because Win11 didn't show absolute paths! Found a tut vid, easy peasy...except that folder with my user name is not traceable, until I accidentally stumbled over it in AppData. Why is this so difficult? Ah, it is my account name, so it's in the OD folder. Today I was browsing through some other artists works on line. Quite amazing talent out there. 

Persisting, I was able to overcome the "WriteAuth. not configurable" error by replacing the Scenes folder were it should be. So, just testing out everything with simple works.

Today, I found out that unsynching, unlinking, and uninstall do not completely remove something that is still busy making folders with pieces of DAZ Studio. It requires a batch editor which is not included on my computer. Frankly, I don't trust the instructions, as I haven't done any commands or regedits. 

I'm feeling rather jolly today. With my new computer received last month, the MS360 with Cloud was automatically installed in an update for a trial period. I have been battling OD since. with files moved, deleted, etc. However, yesterday, I had failed to enter my charge card, so the trial period ceased, did not renew. Vanished! My machine has sped up. My documents are still in my local documents file. My renders are in my Render file, My Scene, are still in the makeshift file I had to come up with. Odd folders like Video are not in my Render Libary. DAZ Connect downloaded all their product meta data, again (OD kept scooping those files to the cloud in the 1housands of files), but a poster tipped me to how to turn it off to work offline. I have started on some sketches, seeing how the figures pose, etc. Here I show my bewilderment, then frustration, then joy over the past 4 weeks!. Nothing upoloads. Win some lose some.

• A long story short, I've had to put my attention elsewhere. I have the free AI app, and sometimes sit in a dull mood, type a prompt , select genre and click the button. 50/50 if I like what I see or not. I don't use the fancy ones, too expensive, i don't have a business.  But, I don't even care anymore if it's 'art'. I decided to look at other contemporary peoples' art, see what it is that I appreicate. A bit eclectic in style. There are a lot of talented people out there. When I see that, I don't worry about AI at this point. So, I'm coming back to some free time to dabble. I think its time to change my avatar. It was just a quick snip to put something there. So that my next project. 

edited September 2023

Some great Ron'S brushes on sale today. Not very experienced in applying them. I finally have  an image editor that will open his brush format. I also bought Amelia 9 starter bundle with a pretty good discount. I tried her out using a pose to test the Recon suit. It held together. Then I tested Ron'S Particles, and Glass Plate. I remembered to use the layer style "Overlay". added another adjustment layer for brightness and contrast. The dark image was original render, the enchanced image on the left.

Amelia9cowrRons.jpg
    707 x 727 - 140K
    amelia9cower2copy.jpg
    707 x 727 - 307K
  • I am enchanted by the poses by Devon --The Survivalists Poses for Genesis 8 Male and Heidi Character. The two figures snap together so well very little tweaking. I'm explorining more as I just started using these poses.

rescue12.jpg
    731 x 707 - 229K
    running the ruins path.jpg
    731 x 707 - 237K
  • I realize that there are other artistic factors I'm leaving off but the only way to do art, is to do art, right?