Dforce Magnets Help

Can anyone help me, everytime I use the Dforce Magnets, all I end with is the geometry of the plane exploding :(

I have followed the tutorial video several times, and done exactly what the video explains, but even then exploding geometry, I do not understand why it is so simple in the video, and when I follow the video my result is explosions :(

Can you guys provide any answers?

Geordie

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247

Try using a different model. Not everything plays nice with dForce. {esp. if there are unwelded seams}

• geordiesharpgeordiesharp Posts: 152

Hey Catherine3678a , Thanks for the suggestion, but I was using a primitive plane, as shown in the tutorial video, I haven't tried using any clothes or figures, as if the primitive plane does not work, I doubt the rest will :(

Cheers Geordie

Did you give it enough tessellations? dForce requires mesh with many faces.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Try to add an image showing what you are trying to do.

And remember you need sufficient time to get the mesh moved or it will cause trouble.

On the primitive , I used the default DIVISIONS as 400, and the geometry exploded, so I tried DIVISIONS at 800 and 1000, but still the primitive geometry exploded.

All I can think is it's like the primitive is catching on something, not allowing it to move as the magnets are pulling it, then exploding primitive :(

But there is nothing else in the scene only a primitive plane, with dforce dynamic surface, a cylinder for it to wrap around, and nothing else.

Geordie

Default is not 400, it remembers the last figure input. Try something like 26.

I will try

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

It depends on how big your object is.

Default collision distance is 2 mm, so the distance between vertices must be larger than that, or else the item will explode.

Well I have just tried to use DIVISIONS of 26 like Catherine3678a suggested, and VIOLA it worked.  although I did have to set up the cylinder to be a DFORCE STATIC SURFACE, otherwise the plane primtive goes right through it, but hey, it worked. 

Thanks a lot for the help, I am still learning a lot of the features in DAZ, so any other suggestions are welcome.

Geordie