Missing Content

landrewlandrew Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Well I just purchased carrara 8.5, downloaded the application.
Opened the application , and I have no content in my browser except leaves.

How do I load the content that comes with carrara?
Your help would be appreciated
Thanks.

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Hi, welcome to the Carrara forum.

1) Some content specific for Carrara comes in separate download files with names like "Carrara 8.5 Native Content."

2) You should also receive some Studio-based products that can also be used in Carrara as part of a bundle.

3) Long way, but gives you most control - In your Daz account page, go to the tab for "product library." Use the search function to find your Carrara purchase. Depending on what else you have bought from Daz, you should be able to find it quickly. Click on Carrara to go to the product page. Scrolling down, you should see some tabs for downloading Carrara itself. In addition, it will say that Carrara is part of a bundle and then display other Daz products that came with the bundle. Because we purchased at different times, I don't know that your bundle would include the same as mine, but I have attached a screengrab all the same. You can then go to each product and download it. Items made specifically for Carrara (such as a Carrara shader set from DP) are generally installed to the Carrara program folder. Because Carrara can load items made for Poser or Daz Studio, there is a lot of content that can be purchased from Daz that would be installed to a Poser or Studio style directory.

4) Shorter way. Use the Daz Install Manager (DIM) to download and install Carrara and its content. You can let DIM do default install if it is appropriate for your system, or you could use the icons in the upper right of DIM to tell DIM where to install the program and its content if you want to install in a custom location.

carrara_install_file_page.JPG
    967 x 919 - 121K