video stills

Does anyone know how to turn a video into stills?  We rented a car in Houston that was damaged.  I took a lot of photos and one video that shows the damage to the back then I pan up to the car slot and rental car name above it.  I want to send them all the stills from the back of the car to the header.  Thanks.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

I'm not a video guy and you cannot expect a useful answer from me. I would play the video on the computer and stop at a desired picture, then Print Screen and save the picture. Then continue the movie and repeat.

• VLC/Videolan has a feature to capture screen shots - but I assumed that the desire was for soemthing that would get all frames, not just selected ones, which would be a pain to do frame-by-frame.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

I would export it from Hitfilm or Blender video editor as a png series myself, you can trim it down to the area you want first

most video editors should be able to do this

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,976
    edited June 2022

and then

_  also DaVinci Resolve ( Free )  - will export   Image Sequence

_  thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

Thank you all!  Sorry I'm late coming back.  I got sick Tuesday afternoon and still recovering.  Had been in Iowa for a golf benefit and was around 200 people.  Covid test was negative but feel terrible still.

So, appreciate all the responses.  I don't necessarily need all the frames but enough to show the progression from the back bumper up to the signage.  They refuse to look at a video.  I might also just wait until they contact my insurance company and when my insurance company contacts me I can send them all my images and let them deal with it.  I've heard that they can take up to 6 months to get back to me.

I feel like it's a scam.  How did they not notice that this car was smashed up before we got it...hmmm.

Hugs!!

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

The easiest way is to play the video pause it where you want stills  & hit Print Screen on your keyboard. Then go to  an image editor like Photoshop and paste it.  Even windows paint can  paste it.

and if you have Mac use iMovie   _  thanx

I still think that they should view the whole video.

NGartplay said:

I still think that they should view the whole video.

_  yes ,  then use DaVinci Resolve to export  "image sequence"  which will be all frames

_   thanx  

Thank you all again.  They dropped the charges against us and closed the claim.  I was able to send them one shot from the video of the top of the car and the car slot number (H6) and Avis Rental above it.  Think that might have done it.

edited June 2022

~  alright then ,     Congratulations   yes

Post edited by ed3D on