animated walk cycles for Aiko 3? (mebbe free?)

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

trying to work with the poser walk designer,
was thinking pz2 animated pose works in ca,
but not working out like i imagined,

was wondering if is there anything out there already for a starting point? :)

how do you manage uneven terrain? or slopes?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

mud wrestling? :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

Look on Casual's Google site

edited December 1969

i was studying the starship trooper's cgi movie. what's her name is walking, her gait looks like she's walking on a treadmill :lol:

guess there comes a point in cgi have to be like, this is as good as it gets? :shut:

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

i was studying the starship trooper's cgi movie. what's her name is walking, her gait looks like she's walking on a treadmill :lol:

guess there comes a point in cgi have to be like, this is as good as it gets? :shut:

Well, the thing is, it is a cycle, so it will eventually repeat and look somewhat mechanical due to repetitions.

That being said, you can use a stationary walk cycle and translate the figure group to move it from point A to point B via standard keyframes, or you can use a motion path to move the figure group from point A to point B, while walking around points C and D. The trick is getting rid of the skating feet look. The easiest way is to not actually show the feet. If you need to show the feet, such as in an establishing shot, set it up as a separate scene and spend the extra time timing a short forward movement without the skating feet, and then for the other shots, just don't show the feet.

If you have a moving walk cycle, where the figure steps forward, convert the animation to an NLA clip with the hip as the loop offset and then apply the clip to your figure with loop enabled. The figure should walk forward for as many loops you have in the timeline.

I have been working on some female walk cycles for A3, V4 and Genesis 2 for my own use, but I certainly don't mind sharing them when they're done. I have developed a syndrome called, Not-Enough-Hours-In-The-Day, so as soon as I recover from that, I will see what I can do to get them up.
    ;-)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Misty

Posers Walk designer has always favoured poser figures, so all the walk designer pre-sets are made for the poser figures,..however, there should be a Walk designer add on pack here in the store for V3 and M3
    Since those are the main Generation 3 Figures,. those add-ons will allow you to use Walk designer in poser to animate generation 3 figures.

I just tried a couple of searches of the store here,. No joy,. searching for "walk designer" returns "wild designs"
    maybe I need to search deeper,. or perhaps those packs have been discontinued since there is animate in DS
    maybe contact support to check if they are available somewhere else

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Hi Andy,
    Walkdesigner works perfectly with generation 3 with the default model.
    To say the truth, I use only this model for all my characters.
    I tested the Poser presets on generations 3 and 4 and all work fine, even the presets intended for the new G2.
    Don't ask me why, I don't know...

edited December 1969

Well, the thing is, it is a cycle, so it will eventually repeat and look somewhat mechanical due to repetitions.

That being said, you can use a stationary walk cycle and translate the figure group to move it from point A to point B via standard keyframes, or you can use a motion path to move the figure group from point A to point B, while walking around points C and D. The trick is getting rid of the skating feet look. The easiest way is to not actually show the feet. If you need to show the feet, such as in an establishing shot, set it up as a separate scene and spend the extra time timing a short forward movement without the skating feet, and then for the other shots, just don't show the feet.

If you have a moving walk cycle, where the figure steps forward, convert the animation to an NLA clip with the hip as the loop offset and then apply the clip to your figure with loop enabled. The figure should walk forward for as many loops you have in the timeline.

I have been working on some female walk cycles for A3, V4 and Genesis 2 for my own use, but I certainly don't mind sharing them when they're done. I have developed a syndrome called, Not-Enough-Hours-In-The-Day, so as soon as I recover from that, I will see what I can do to get them up.
    ;-)

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi Misty

Posers Walk designer has always favoured poser figures, so all the walk designer pre-sets are made for the poser figures,..however, there should be a Walk designer add on pack here in the store for V3 and M3
    Since those are the main Generation 3 Figures,. those add-ons will allow you to use Walk designer in poser to animate generation 3 figures.

I just tried a couple of searches of the store here,. No joy,. searching for "walk designer" returns "wild designs"
    maybe I need to search deeper,. or perhaps those packs have been discontinued since there is animate in DS
    maybe contact support to check if they are available somewhere else

Thanks. would really like to learn how to make one. There's a thing about thighlength, mebbe is a clue.

edited December 1969

Hi Andy,
    Walkdesigner works perfectly with generation 3 with the default model.
    To say the truth, I use only this model for all my characters.
    I tested the Poser presets on generations 3 and 4 and all work fine, even the presets intended for the new G2.
    Don't ask me why, I don't know...

She doesn't like waddle? it's like she's walking with all her weight on one leg.
    same thing happens to poser7's Kate when i tried her in walk designer.
    huhm, i haven't tried Kate or Ben in ca.