Victoria 4 Eyes are not rendered in Daz 4.8

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Did anyone encounter that the eyes are not rendered...in fact, they are missing and I only get 2 dark holes when I render a Victoria 4 using iRay in Daz 4.8. However, Michael 4 renders perfectly. Anyone knows how to overcome the settings that may have caused this problem?

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Can we see render of the issue?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited June 2015

Did anyone encounter that the eyes are not rendered...in fact, they are missing and I only get 2 dark holes when I render a Victoria 4 using iRay in Daz 4.8. However, Michael 4 renders perfectly. Anyone knows how to overcome the settings that may have caused this problem?

I have just tried this in 4.8, and V4 renders correctly in IRay. Can you please post an image of what you are seeing as RCDeschene asks?
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

how are the eyesurface surface settings set?
    have you tried another eye mat?

• I have the same problem with Victoria 6 eyes!

• here it is

• Problem with victoria 6 eyes render in daz4.8

Render.jpg
    500 x 500 - 127K

What renderer are you using, what eyes, and what figure, it does not look like the default V6?

• armen_b83f94efa8armen_b83f94efa8 Posts: 6
    edited August 2015

It is the original Victoria 6 and I used facemorphs to change her nose, mouth, eyebrows and chin parameters and Im using NvidiaIray...even with her original blue eyes I have the same problem.

Post edited by armen_b83f94efa8 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

Is that an optimized Iray shader or did you just load V6 with her 3Delight shader and try it in Iray.

The black eyes are caused by the 7_EyeSurface material zone, if your not using an Iray shader then chances are it's Opacity Strength has been set to 0%.

• It's Victoria 6 with original textures....I just selected Iray and rendered didnt change the settings, all defaults... would you please provide a step by step guide on how to render with iray? or is there any video or help document available?

thanks

If you look in DAZ Studio Formats > My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis 2 Female > Materials > Iray, you should have a file called Iray 'Optimised Genesis 2 Feml;ae MAT.DUF', apply that first, and then try your V6 eyes.

This is very useful for Iray beginners : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56788/iray-start-here#latest there is a lot to learn about using Iray to get the best results, you can always change the render engine to '3Delight' which is the one people have been using for many years

There are docs on Iray here : http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/panes/render_settings/engine/nvidia_iray/start

• Thank you so much