Areon for GEN2F trouble loading

SLoTH_XVXSLoTH_XVX Posts: 199
edited June 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have been having trouble getting http://www.daz3d.com/aeron-for-genesis-2-female-s to load properly in Studio scenes.

When I select any item from this product I get a "Missing Files" error for the dsf files...when I navigate to the folder location they are in the correct places but DS is not finding them.

Could this be because of the STUPID way the folder is named? The parent folder starts with an unusual character....looks like a bold line and an 'E'...

Post edited by SLoTH_XVX on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322
    edited December 1969

Ah, I see it uses an AE diphthong - it's possible that might cause an issue, though not I think on all systems or there would have been more complaints (the item was well up in the currently popular list). What operating system are you using?

• SLoTH_XVXSLoTH_XVX Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Hi richard, thanks for the quick reply.

I am using windows 7 home editon on the pc running studio

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

SLoTH_XVX said:

What's the Language and base Font being used?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    SLoTH_XVX said:

What's the Language and base Font being used?

Ummmm....English? No idea what font windows uses as default on folders....

edited December 1969

Just checking to see if any changes were made...

You probably have the defaults and both the language and font should include that character as a valid character.

Can you post a screenshot of Explorer, open to that folder, showing the full path (address)?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Just checking to see if any changes were made...

You probably have the defaults and both the language and font should include that character as a valid character.

Can you post a screenshot of Explorer, open to that folder, showing the full path (address)?

Untitled.jpg
    1113 x 944 - 206K
    edited December 1969

Well, Windows is not recognizing the character at the start of the name on your system...see if you can rename that folder. In the Start Menu, down in the Search box type in character. In the list of found items, under Programs, should be Character Map. Start it and find the Æ character, double click it...then when you rename the folder, copy and paste that character from the clipboard...

edited December 1969

Well 'mjc'...I tried to rename the folder...no luck, same results.

This product is pretty much useless until I can figure this out....why would anyone use a goofy character to name a folder, how moronic.

Any other ideas bud?

edited December 1969

Try opening one of the files, like the belt.duf in a text editor or the Studio script editor and look at the path information in it for the folder name...then copy that name, from the duf and try renaming the folder to that...by pasting.

If that doesn't change anything, I'm out of ideas, because at some level, your system is not recognizing that as a valid name/character...but only partially.

edited December 1969

I tried opening with note pad but the file kept openning Studio....started agrivating me...will have to try again.

• edited December 1969

You can right click the file and open with notepad. I would imagine you could probably just rename the folder to use AE instead, and then just navigate to there when locating the files.

edited December 1969

I got it!

I am a moron...well only half as much as the person that named the folder originally....

I renamed the wrong folder, I didn't rename the "Data" folder I renamed the content folder originally. As soon as I slowed down and realized that the data folder needed to be renamed and renamed it....poof!...worked!

Thanks "mjc" for all the help!

• cruffincruffin Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

thx for this thread, that was kind of stupid for them to name it with a latin character, I am surprised more people didn't have an issue with it, I sure did. thx for solving

edited June 2015

Well, considering that most of the world is now using Unicode character sets by default (including many non-English versions of Windows), it isn't really that unusual. They probably just typed it in, as it would be a valid character on their system. And since it initially passed QA without a name change, those systems had no problem with it, either.

What I find unusual is that every so often an install of Windows will pop up with not being able to recognize Unicode or 'extended' characters, when it should...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • cruffincruffin Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

hmm, not sure why my install did not recognize it, have all of my updates for win 7pro, just did standard install, didn't know about adding in the unicode characters. well, I still appreciate the thread and having my issue resolved with it. Also, instead of going to the character map, you can just hold 'alt' and type 0198 and that will give you the Æ also.