Centaurs, please!

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

There's a dated Sagytarios, but I'd love to see either a new character or set of morphs to fuse horses and Gen2 figures.

There are old morphs along these lines for V4/M4 and some Genesis 1, but they do not work well with the new stuff.

I've managed to get something working by carefully placing figures and making parts invisible and hiding the seams with clothing, but... eh.

Comments

• EpichallEpichall Posts: 54

And if anyone can design a set of football boots too, I can use him in my football team as the centaur-forward.

i'll get my coat.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

HA

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

You could use him iwth i13's recent phone-booths and stuff, he'd be a call centaur ... I'll get me coat ;)

• I'm tempted to censaur this thread.

I'm so glad this thread is updated constantly with jokes, rather than 'oh hey, I'm totally going to make that.'

I sentence all of you to look up Doug Winger centaurs.

(No, don't look that up)
    ((I told you))

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited August 2015

Hey, why not try out HEMI426's FREE Centaur "Kits", for many of the Gen 4 and Gen 3 Figures?   The ones for Gen 4 MIGHT work ok with Gen 6 Figures.  Can't hurt to check it out eh?  They use the DAZ Charger Horse (and foal too I think), the DAZ Millennium Horse and Foal.  Not sure if he created a kit for the DAZ Horse 2 yet.  Wow, none of the old links are working anymore, but someone was kind enough to move the thread to this server:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6465/the-new-centaur-n-stuff-thread-reloaded/p1

That link does work, I have the page open right now!  :)   AND here is a rendered scene with 12 Centaurs and a few other single Figures in Stonemasons Streets of Asia 2 set.  I love Stonemasons sets!!!!  And I really love working with HEMI426's Centaur Kits.  What they do is basic, easy to get done and easy to tinker with.   All the 'Taurs, including the Felitaur, are made with HEMI's kits.  You will find links to all available ones on the first page of his thread.  Have fun!  laugh  I sure am!   OH, if you use Studio, I think they work fine in it too.  I know AdamR001 has been very active in that thread and he is a D|S User all the way!

McG.

Centaurs P2014 002.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 360K
    Post edited by McGrandpa on
    edited August 2015

I've tried to use the kits in Genesis and Genesis 2 and they don't work at all, or at least I have no idea how to make them work.

Among other things, I have Horse 2, not Millennium horse. So... yeah.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

He did a Genesis one, but that was Mil Horse too.

With the latest 'oh WHAT??' discovery of the whole collision thing, I realized you could make a pretty decent centaur and dress it without too much work.

The transition of shape between horse and human is not hard... the problem is, of course, getting a reasonable transition of skin. And that's... not as amenable to an easy solution.

This does encourage me to take another look at Sagytarios... while I'm reluctant to pick a figure that would cut me off from all the normal human morphs, at least I know I could put clothes on it.

Except Sagytarios is apparently female-only. Ah well, I have my previous idea. ;)

• It seems the problem with Horse 2 is that with Genesis (where Horse 2 is sprung from I guess) you cannot make invisible individual parts as you can with MilHorse.  I have Horse 2 but haven't really messed with it much.  I have but don't use Genesis, I do use Genesis 2 Males and Females some.  Have not tried them with the MilHorse yet.  Nope, I went with MilHorse, MilFoal, Charger Horse and Gen3 and Gen4 Figures.  And TY2.  :)   They were a lot of fun back in 2008 and I figure to have more fun with them!

McG.

I ended up going 'oh, collision targets, duh' and just using G2M/F, Horse 2, and judicious invisible or scale 0 items.
     Not perfect, but... good enough, particularly since I like to have centaurs wearing clothes.

Examples:

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Stinz-topless-556795217

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Centaur-lady-556822453

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    McG. said:

It seems the problem with Horse 2 is that with Genesis (where Horse 2 is sprung from I guess) you cannot make invisible individual parts as you can with MilHorse.  I have Horse 2 but haven't really messed with it much.  I have but don't use Genesis, I do use Genesis 2 Males and Females some.  Have not tried them with the MilHorse yet.  Nope, I went with MilHorse, MilFoal, Charger Horse and Gen3 and Gen4 Figures.  And TY2.  :)   They were a lot of fun back in 2008 and I figure to have more fun with them!

McG.

This is incorrect, you can make individual body parts invisible on Genesis and DH2.

Yeah, individual body parts can be invisible or 'pinched off' by scaling them to 0.