53rd Bryce Render Challenge! ( Finished)

Comments

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,986

mermaid010 said:

ed3D - very nice entry, I like the addition of the Moon.

well ....Thanx very  kindly  ~ 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

ed3D, Big submarine looks very good and the water is excellent. However, I would move the moon to the left or right so that it is not above the middle of the boat. In my view, non-centric moon will work even better.

Hansmar said:

ed3D, Big submarine looks very good and the water is excellent. However, I would move the moon to the left or right so that it is not above the middle of the boat. In my view, non-centric moon will work even better.

Alright Then  ,   Thanx  -   to consider carefully  _   Thank you for your suggestion. Wi'll take the matter under advisement. // 

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited August 2022

Entry #1 Ticket Time

TicketTime.jpg
    1580 x 893 - 677K
    Post edited by S Ray on

S Ray: Well done. Makes you think what is the reason for the ticket.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,126

S Ray - good idea, very nicely done entry.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,002
    edited August 2022

S Ray – beautiful entry, very nice idea

My only entry

Use a Pony or a Plane you will reach your Destination

transport-filter.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 514K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - great idea and well done. Pony, horse, car, drachenlord's train, airplane - ample possibilities.

edited August 2022

Entry No.1 
    Title :  The Big Submarine "

BIG_SUBMARINE_1Fc.png
    1280 x 720 - 692K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  •  

drachenlords - three excellent entries. All incredibly detailed and extremely well staged. But it's your first one that I like best because of wonderfully imaginative concept and really fantastic trainer work.

Horo - also three excellent entries but, being such a SF fan, I really like your Vortex entry. The vortex and the space background are so cool and really well done.

Hansmar - liked all three entries but traveling light is a superb Bryce image. Love how the sun filters through the clouds.

adbc - your freighter image is quite lovely and reminds me of coming into the port of Seattle. Beautiful gondola image and I particularly like the lighting.

ed3d - cool model and very whimsical. And definitely transport. Had me singing "we all live in a yellow submarine" all day!

S Ray - cool concept and very well executed. Like the POV.

mermaid010 - another cool concept entry. Like the juxtaposition of old and new.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited August 2022

My first and probably only entry: "trans modal”. Had a slew of technical problems with this one and finally gave up. Still a lot of things I don't like!
    Parkland train by jack Tomlinson, old railway by DogZ and the truck and the plane are by Vanishing Point. HDRI sky by Horo.
    Illuminated by the sun and a large inward facing spherical dome light that encloses the objects.
    Rendered with normal AA – about one hour 25 minutes.
    Thanks for looking and best of luck to all!

Modern_transport.jpg
    1500 x 900 - 458K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Mermaid: very good idea! I am a bit worried about the horse at the right, which looks like two horses close to each other, but with only four legs. What happened there?

ed3D: I like it better this way, but it may be just me, of course.

Dan Whiteside: Thanks very much. Your 'trans modal' is also a great idea and has a very good viewpoint. Is it true that the trains are a bit narrow and high? Or is that just my strange look at things?

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,102
    edited August 2022

S Ray : cool idea, excellent render.

mermaid : original idea, very well done.

Dan : thank you. "trans modal" : wonderful scene.

My third entry : Outerspace exploration. The robots : grobot free from renderosity, the rover by Vajrablue adapted by Lukon(sharecg).

Outerspace exploration.jpg
    920 x 517 - 92K
    Post edited by adbc on

ed3D - the big submarine entry with the moon out of centre looks very good.

Dan - thank you. Trans modal is a great entry, great POV, light and idea.

Hansmar - in mermaid's render, the horse at right is right: the breast is white and so you may think it is a second horse behind it.

adbc - very nice sci-fi entry showing also aliens need some sort of transportation.

Horo : thank you.

ed3D : overlooked your entry, sorry. I also like it better that way.

Thanks Horo

ed3D - the big Submarine looks great now

Hansmar - thanks for the comment and observation, Horo is right about the white breast, looking at the render again, I think that Premium render was not suitable in this case. I'll do a regular render and see if I get different results.

Dan - thanks, trans modal is a superb entry, the lighting is awesome

Adbc - Outerspace exploration - a fantastic entry, love the sky

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

Hello again everyone, its that time of the month again. Does anyone need more time?

mermaid : thank you.

Apoc said:

Hello again everyone, its that time of the month again. Does anyone need more time?

I need a bit more time, I'm trying to re-render using Regular and Bryce crashed, one more try today. Thanks

Thanx    Horo

mermaid010 :  thanx so much 
    Hansmar - thanks   &  off side seems better .,,,looked at Others , had done & off-sided for them  too .   so , yeah   ~.~
    Dan - thanks  very much  _  &  Trans-Modsl  ,  looks good 
    Adbc - thanx so  kindly

adbc, Very nice render. I guess the male robot is driving the car? How old-fashioned these aliens/robots are!

Horo, Mermaid, OK, now I see! Even the side of the head is brown and that mainly made me thing it was weird.

ed3D, You're welcome.

edited August 2022

Re-render of my entry, I think this one looks better. My handicapped laptop coughed a few times, but eventually it behaved.

Thanks Apoc for your patience and Hansmar for pointing out a "flaw"

Use a Pony or a Plane you will reach your Destination

final-transport.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 548K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - good, less ambiguous.

• Past as FuturePast as Future Posts: 141
    edited August 2022

Sorry for being late.

Title is "Cold Trip".

Cold Trip.jpg
    1290 x 860 - 892K
    Post edited by Past as Future on
    edited August 2022

Past as Future said:

Sorry for being late.

Title is "Cold Trip".

~  certainly   imaginative  &  well done   & also ,  looks Cold too  +  Thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  • @ed3D:
    The last version of the submarine is the best.

@S Ray:
    Ticket Time - Cool Sci-Fi Concept. great perspective.

@Mermaid:
    There's plenty going on there. Apart from a ship, you pretty much have every form of transport built in there. Really good idea.

@Dan:
    Thank you very much.
    trans modal - Very good composition. You can almost hear the noise of trains, jets and trucks.

@adbc:
    Outerspace exploration - I love this vibe. fantastic sky.

@ Past as Future:
    Cold Trip - this is a cool steampunk picture. This vehicle is really fantastically staged.

Hansmar : thank you.

mermaid : looks much better that way, well done.

Past as Future : original idea, awesome flying vehicle.

drachenlords : thank you.

Past as Future - I like the idea and the render looks great.

Horo - thanks

Past as Future - very nice flying object, awesome render

Drachenlords  - thanks I was trying to get a canoe in; somethings work out some don't laugh

Adbc - thanks

• ed3D, drachenlords, adbc, Horo, mermaid010 - thanks for kind words.

Vehicle in question is creation of 1971s, who is talented artist. This model from my render is called "Windcatcher" and it's available for purchase elsewhere.