Morph Dials Reset After Loading Saved Presets

Hey guys, hope I can get a solution this this problem. Googling certainly hasnt helped.

I'm not sure what's going on, but Morph Dials for all Genesis versions are resetting every time to default; even when they are saved as Preset Characters + Wearables.

For example: I'll use body/foot/Facial morphs for Genesis 8 from the store, make something nice, then save as a character. But when I load them in, those morphs are reset back to 0/default. And sometimes I'll get some sort of error, saying something like "Chestscale-Upper cant be found". Which is bizaar, because the dials work fine, morph fine, but Saving them as characters does something wrong?

I been told your supposed to Favorite the used dials, and then lock them. But that has not worked. They will remain favorited and locked, but they still revert to 0/default.

Lastly, morphs I make myself using Zbrush + GoZ work fine and even stay at the correct morph value when saved/loaded into a scene.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or a step I am skipping when saving a character using Genesis (x) morphs from the community?

I did make sure they were installed corectly using DazCentral and even Daz Install Manager, and they are indeed recognized and installed correctly it says.

I have screencapped an example of one of the errors, and attached the file to this post below.

I'm quite confused.

I'm not sure why there is an error sometimes and sometimes not, when it functions just fine when used.

Capture.PNG
393 x 327 - 12K

Comments

• What properties did you use? Some properties may not be the correct type for the preset you are using. The error on loading does suggest therev may be an issue with your paths, though I'm not quite sure how that could trigger it even then.

• ben_roprimben_roprim Posts: 46

Richard Haseltine said:

What properties did you use? Some properties may not be the correct type for the preset you are using. The error on loading does suggest therev may be an issue with your paths, though I'm not quite sure how that could trigger it even then.

Daz has a lot of properties and options, so you might need to be specific onwhat I may need to look at.

As for Paths, it is indeed set to the correct folder; or else installations would not work and morph dials in question would be rendered unusable.and unreadable.

But I can at least say, I have not done something out of the ordinary with specific options or properties; only a regular Genesis 8 with default settings, with the morphs and no extra things added.

I have still not found a solution to this issue.

Still accepting any kind of help on the current situation.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,540

When you save character/shape presets, memorize the character before saving.

PerttiA said:

When you save character/shape presets, memorize the character before saving.

Can you elaborate? What do you mean by the term "Memorize" ?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,540

Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)

edited July 2022

PerttiA said:

Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)

After a few attempts using this method, it has not solved the issue and the morph dial values still reset upon loading the figure after Saving + Memorizing. Thanks for trying to help.

If you think of any other solutions for me to try, let me know!

Post edited by ben_roprim on