[Released] Conrad for Genesis 8.1 Male Bundle [commercial]

Faber IncFaber Inc Posts: 293

Hi everyone! Let me introduce you to Conrad for G8.1 Males:

https://www.daz3d.com/conrad-bundle-for-genesis-81-male

♪ There is a man in New Orleans they call Monsieur Conrad...♪

A proud Louisiana African-American stud created for Genesis 8.1 Male with a bold presence, charming smile, and magnetic southern charisma.

Within this bundle you will find Conrad's base character, the HD Add-On, and "Conrad Plus": an extra set of features such as facial hairs, stunning eyes, and multiple tattoo options. You'll also get the "Bon Vivant" pack, a sample of poses ready to illustrate this man's coolness, joyful and relaxed nature in any Genesis 8.1 male character.

Why is this split into 4 products? / or why is this a bundle?

I love the overall idea of giving more depth to a character and expanding its use by offering more options and things to play with associated with a specific theme. 

Doing that in a single character product is possible, but the item price would go to the skies! and because of that, it might not be appealing to everyone. Also, some people might not be interested in having extra features, or an HD addon and poses that might never use. So, splitting into individual products allow me to deliver more content associated with a character, better quality and depth, and the opportunity to let you choose what you want or not in your cart.

Hope you like it and I'll be here in this post for any questions or doubts about him,

Thank you!

ConradBundleforGenesis8-1Male_popup11.jpg
1950 x 1500 - 3M
ConradBundleforGenesis8-1Male_popup12.jpg
1950 x 1500 - 3M
ConradBundleforGenesis8-1Male_popup13.jpg
1950 x 1500 - 3M
ConradBundleforGenesis8-1Male_popup14.jpg
1950 x 1500 - 3M
Post edited by Faber Inc on

Comments

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Gorgeous, instant buy

• Faber IncFaber Inc Posts: 293

Thanks so ALLIEKATBLUE heartwink

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 825
    edited June 2022

What a wonderful looking figure, Faberinc!  I have the base character, HD Details add-on, and Bon Vivant poses in my cart right now.  Once I add a few more items to the cart, I'll be buying him this afternoon.  So looking forward to rendering Conrad! :)

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

What a wonderful looking figure, Faberinc!  I have the base character, HD Details add-on, and Bon Vivant poses in my cart right now.  Once I add a few more items to the cart, I'll be buying him this afternoon.  So looking forward to rendering Conrad! :)

Lee

Thanks, Lee! you're very kind.
    I can't wait to see the renders! and I'm hoping you get the most out of all these products heart

• FaberInc said:

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Lee

Thanks, Lee! you're very kind.
    I can't wait to see the renders! and I'm hoping you get the most out of all these products heart

Thank you, Faberinc! I changed my mind and replaced the individual Conrad items with the Conrad Bundle.  The eyes in the Conrad Plus product convinced me to complete the set and get the bundle. :)

Just purchased it and DIM is downloading/installing as I type this.

Very excited to start working with Conrad! :)

Lee

leemoon_c43b45a114 excellent! heart the good thing about the Conrad plus product is that was made to fully work with any Genesis 8.1 male character, in case you wanted to use it with someone else instead of Conny.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

You brought cheery news to a dark week.

• d2houdinid2houdini Posts: 34

@FaberInc This character, and the skin realism in particular, is amazing. Seriously, it's one of the best-looking realistic characters on the Daz store - and most of the others I'm comparing it to are also from yourself :)

Looking forward to seeing more Genesis 8.1-generation characters - keep up the great work!

Wow, nemesis10 and d2houdini! thank you so much! heart Hope you enjoy using him!

You'll receive news about another g8.1 character very soon wink

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

FaberInc said:

Wow, nemesis10 and d2houdini! thank you so much! heart Hope you enjoy using him!

You'll receive news about another g8.1 character very soon wink

You are too kind to us!

• Not 100% Conrad, but this quick render from last night uses something(s) from every Conrad product in the bundle. :)

Genesis 8.1 Male: Conrad Body @ 65%, Conrad Head @ 80%, Conrad HD Details @ 50%, Conrad Tattoos applied over Kola skin materials, Conrad Plus eyes texture, Conrad Beard, Conrad Eyebrows, and a slightly adjusted pose from the Bon Vivant pose pack.  Conrad is further modified by dialing in 3 other characters at low percentages, Auto Muscle Enhancer, a couple of character's HD Details at low-ish percentages, and various small shaping/muscle morphs sprinkled on.

Conrad is excellent and I'm so happy I have him!  Thank you, Faberinc for creating him for us to enjoy!!

Lee

MuscularConrad-Pose.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 1M
  • A little more finished version of the render above.  Slight adjustments to Conrad's pose (feet), lighting, reset scalp hair, different Conrad Plus eye texture, and different outfit.

The Conrad Bundle is wonderful, and I highly recommend picking it up if you can. :)

Lee

Conrad.jpg
    1855 x 2400 - 1M

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

A little more finished version of the render above.  Slight adjustments to Conrad's pose (feet), lighting, reset scalp hair, different Conrad Plus eye texture, and different outfit.

The Conrad Bundle is wonderful, and I highly recommend picking it up if you can. :)

Lee

Wow, looks great! I like this Conrad bulky-muscle version! The darker skin tone looks pretty nice with tattoos applied as well. Great job! heart

• FaberInc said:

Wow, looks great! I like this Conrad bulky-muscle version! The darker skin tone looks pretty nice with tattoos applied as well. Great job! heart

Thank you, FaberInc! I'm not normally a tattoos guy, but your Conrad set spurred me to try them. I'm totally pleased with the result.  You did an amazing job putting this bundle together.  As always, you produce wonderful and high quality products!

Lee

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

He looks great!  I have wishlisted him for now but I will be picking him up!!  The tattoos look great!

edited July 2022

Conrad mixed equally with 2 other FaberInc figures (35% each plus a smattering of other morphs/figures for final shaping).  I very slightly modified a pose from the Bon Vivant set for this render.  Conrad does play very well with others. :)

Lee

ConradGarrettAnderson-Swimwear.jpg
    5565 x 2400 - 4M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Daventaki said:

He looks great!  I have wishlisted him for now but I will be picking him up!!  The tattoos look great!

Thank you Daventaki smiley

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Conrad mixed equally with 2 other FaberInc figures (35% each plus a smattering of other morphs/figures for final shaping).  I very slightly modified a pose from the Bon Vivant set for this render.  Conrad does play very well with others. :)

Lee

Wow, Lee! This is ready to pack and put in the store, lol.
    The skin texture looks great. who is it from?

edited July 2022

FaberInc said:

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Lee

Wow, Lee! This is ready to pack and put in the store, lol.
    The skin texture looks great. who is it from?

Thank you so very much, FaberInc! :) 

You did all the hard work creating these characters.  I just spun some dials. :)  I have to say that Conrad Garrett Anderson is getting a lot of likes on my DA gallery and has resulted in quite a few new folks putting me in their watch list since I posted the first render of him there.

Many, many thanks to you for coming up with all of your awesome figures (I have all of your G8/8.1M characters.)

I dialed up Conrad Garrett Anderson starting with my custom base G8.1M figure (slightly modified default pose to plant his feet flat on the ground, cornea bulge, nipples and navels dialed near 100% - all so I don't have to apply all that with every new character I work on.) Also, my custom base has brows and some other elments applied, so he's feature complete except for scalp hair and beard.  To finally answer your question, one of my very, very, very favorite textures is Pablo.  He's your texture according to the logo on the texture maps. :). I love the Pablo texture set.  Can you tell? LOL!

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
    edited July 2022

Oh, no, I couldn't tell! I had no idea! lol

Well, looks great! now that you mention it I can recognize the chest area, the knees, and the back of the legs. But only because you told me lol.
    Thank you so much for your support Lee and I'm really impressed with your eye to mix characters and come up with new stunning males.
    I also liked a lot the vascularity in this man. That is something I always forget to include in the normals and morphs. Once I tried adding some of that but I don't think it was a good job so I think I've left it kind of subtle in the character. Maybe the new one I'm developing could have some veiny morphs included smiley

• GretaGreta Posts: 22

Does any body else have trouble with Faber's new chara Conrad? I have :( 

If I load the "Actor" I got this: 01_Conrad (Morph doesn't load, only textures)

If I load a Genesis 8.1 Male Base and then load the character I got this result: 02_Conrad

He doesn't look like him. Other charas for Genesis 8.1 Male works well.  If I look at the "Shapes" parameters, there are only the morphs for Conrad shown.  

Does anybody has an idea, what can I do? Thanks very much 

01_Conrad.png
    605 x 501 - 302K
    02_Conrad.png
    605 x 443 - 210K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Yes, I have the same issue.

Oh, I see Greta. Thanks for letting me know.
    A couple of questions:

1. Did you purchase the bundle or only the individual character?
    2. Do the morphs presets in the Conrad folder work for you when you apply/remove them?
    3. The second image looks like him but is it at 100%? Are you sure there's no other character dialed as well? The first image doesn't look like genesis 8 base or Conrad. Have you tried zero everything through the shape/parameters and see if there's a change to the gen 8 base default morph?

I guess is something related to the character preset only, but once you give me those details I will ask support for letting me update this.

vwrangler, do you also see this character morph that isn't genesis 8 default as well? or are you referring to the morphs not loading when loading the character preset?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited July 2022

@FaberInc, the morphs don't load when using the character/actor preset -- it loads a textured G8.1M base with no other shape applied. The character/actor preset also doesn't load the eyelash textures, for that matter. His shapes presets seem to work just fine, and apply his shapes at 100%.

I purchased the bundle, not just the individual character.

Attached image shows the Currently Used tab for Conrad's actor default load.

Conrad default load

conrad-actor-load.jpg
    1267 x 811 - 135K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited July 2022

vwrangler said:

@FaberInc, the morphs don't load when using the character/actor preset -- it loads a textured G8.1M base with no other shape applied. The character/actor preset also doesn't load the eyelash textures, for that matter. His shapes presets seem to work just fine, and apply his shapes at 100%.

I purchased the bundle, not just the individual character.

Attached image shows the Currently Used tab for Conrad's actor default load.

Conrad default load

Thank you! Ok, yes, is the character preset and the post-load script not graving the eyelashes mats (and tear line I guess). I will send you both through PM the character duf file from my end and see if that solves your problem (my guinea pigs wink) for then asking to update the file. Maybe when the bundle was packed got this messed up, or I have a different version that didn't make it to the store.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

Greta said:

Does any body else have trouble with Faber's new chara Conrad? I have :( 

If I load the "Actor" I got this: 01_Conrad (Morph doesn't load, only textures)

If I load a Genesis 8.1 Male Base and then load the character I got this result: 02_Conrad

He doesn't look like him. Other charas for Genesis 8.1 Male works well.  If I look at the "Shapes" parameters, there are only the morphs for Conrad shown.  

Does anybody has an idea, what can I do? Thanks very much 

I've already submitted a problem ticket #414045 the day after release.  Customer service has replicated the issue and it's in the queue to be fixed.

Lindsey said:

I've already submitted a problem ticket #414045 the day after release.  Customer service has replicated the issue and it's in the queue to be fixed.

Thank you Lindsey. Ok, I haven't been notified about it.
    I've just sent you a pm with a temporary fix to see if that solves your issue. I already reported this and i guess the store files will be updated this week

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

FaberInc said:

Lindsey said:

Thank you Lindsey. Ok, I haven't been notified about it.
    I've just sent you a pm with a temporary fix to see if that solves your issue. I already reported this and i guess the store files will be updated this week

I don't see a DM here from you, FaberInc, but I can wait until CS rolls out an update.  It actually took a few days to get back to CS on some additional testing and reporting back before CS said they were able to replicate the issue and an update would be forth coming. In the mean time his morphs are just a double click away.  I'm just happy to see new male content, particularily from you!  Thanks for your continued support of the Daz men!

• GretaGreta Posts: 22
    edited July 2022

FaberInc said:

Oh, I see Greta. Thanks for letting me know.
    A couple of questions:

1. Did you purchase the bundle or only the individual character?
    2. Do the morphs presets in the Conrad folder work for you when you apply/remove them?
    3. The second image looks like him but is it at 100%? Are you sure there's no other character dialed as well? The first image doesn't look like genesis 8 base or Conrad. Have you tried zero everything through the shape/parameters and see if there's a change to the gen 8 base default morph?

I guess is something related to the character preset only, but once you give me those details I will ask support for letting me update this.

vwrangler, do you also see this character morph that isn't genesis 8 default as well? or are you referring to the morphs not loading when loading the character preset?

@Faberinc: Thanks for your answer.  I've bought not the bundle, only the character + HD Add  and TattooAddOn. 
    And I have checked, there are no other morphs loaded when I use Conrad. And he is at 100%. The single morphs "body" and "head" works, but he looks like my picture 2 also.  :( 

Post edited by Greta on

Lindsey said:

I don't see a DM here from you, FaberInc, but I can wait until CS rolls out an update.  It actually took a few days to get back to CS on some additional testing and reporting back before CS said they were able to replicate the issue and an update would be forth coming. In the mean time his morphs are just a double click away.  I'm just happy to see new male content, particularily from you!  Thanks for your continued support of the Daz men!

Oh, that's weird, Let me re-send just in case. I'm seeing the fix solved the character issue some users were experiencing and I have already submitted the fix to the DAZ team. I don't know how long its going to take to see this updated in the store, but hopefully soon :)